+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS4 for iPad?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi, is anyone able to convert iPhone version of the software to be used on iPad (including multitasking, folders, plane mode, maybe Voice Control)? Or anone found it in the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question iOS4 for iPad?
    Hi, is anyone able to convert iPhone version of the software to be used on iPad (including multitasking, folders, plane mode, maybe Voice Control)? Or anone found it in the Internet?
    The official version would be fall this year, I'd wish not to wait that long...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sorry but do you know how absurd that statement is? Although similar OS's, the iPhone and iPad versions are almost completely different (If you read the front note on Cydia you will know what I mean). Unfortunately were just going to have to wait it out, there is nothing we can do about it. Just use categories SB and backgrounder for now.

However you can activate voice control on your iPad because it was already in the file structure with 3.2

Enable Voice Control on iPad | Redmond Pie

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Having used OS4 for a while now (on my iPhone4), I can honestly say I MUCH prefer a Jailbroken OS3.2 iPad with CategoriesSB, Backgrounder and Circuitous.

- Backgrounding in OS4 is a sad joke, in my opinion, at least until all the apps are updated to actually use it properly. Right now it's mostly just a quick launch.
    - Folders are easier to arrange under OS4, but that's the only advantage. They are limited by holding only 12 apps each, and those hideous icons that make all your folders look the same. Yuck.

The iPhone4 jailbreak can't come a minute too soon for me.