+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are the movies kept?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Ok I hate itunes. I want to put a movie on my ipad at work (no itunes at work) I have shhh so can't I just move the movie to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Where are the movies kept?
    Ok I hate itunes. I want to put a movie on my ipad at work (no itunes at work) I have shhh so can't I just move the movie to the ipad? so if so I need to know the directory to put it in. Any ideas, is this posible?

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you want to transfer movies without iTunes, use Cyberduck, Diskaid or something else. Diskaid is quickest using USB. Create a folder called Movies somewhere like /var/mobile/Media & put them there. Then use a media player to view them, not the default iPad video player. I'd suggest iFile which you can use to create bookmarks for easy access & a whole lot more.

BTW when you transfer via iTunes, they're stored somewhere between F00 & F49 in /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music, F11 for the single purchased video on my device.
    Last edited by remf; 07-08-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

An interesting little Cydia app called MyTunes is a great iPhone cryptic->real name utility. MyTunes uses the cryptic music/movie file names and creates a link into /private/var/mobile/Library/MyTunes with the REAL name.

By default MyTunes checks and updates it's link list periodically. For my use, I install it, let it do its thing (1-2 minutes for 1250 songs)... then uninstall it (actually I move /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/net.iWatcher.myTunes.plist to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons-Disabled/net.iWatcher.myTunes.plist) - but the effect is the same

Please be aware, when you delete a file that has a link (normal link - not symbolic link), the file remains regards of deleting the original or link. So... your MyTunes database will only grow. The fix is easy ... Anything/everything in MyTunes directory is free to delete. The iTunes/Music directory is unaffected.