Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes downgrade and iPad Jailbreak

Default iTunes downgrade and iPad Jailbreak
    So I'm getting my iPad today and I downgraded iTunes from 9.2 to 9.1 using Oxyjan's tutorial. I'm still afraid of bricking my iPad, so can any of you confirm that this works ok? I really want to jailbreak today, so any responses are appreciated.

Thanks
    Appjam

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

spririt should work since its not 9.2 but my concern would be the ipad being ios 4.0 and no ipads are jailbreakable.but their working on it.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

What do you mean iPad on ios4??

Quote Originally Posted by appjam View Post
    So I'm getting my iPad today and I downgraded iTunes from 9.2 to 9.1 using Oxyjan's tutorial. I'm still afraid of bricking my iPad, so can any of you confirm that this works ok? I really want to jailbreak today, so any responses are appreciated.

Thanks
    Appjam
    I downgraded to 9.1.1 & tried to JB the iPad with spirit and...'bricked' it, an infinite loop.

I then restored & JB'd on another computer that had not been upgraded to 9.2.

If you're using Windows, spirit now works with 9.2.

Hey thanks for the quick reply - I actually have a question. If I happen to get stuck in the infinite loop, is the iPad stuck forever, or can I simply restore it like you? I'm not usually so nervous about jail breaking, but I just bought this today and it is 500$. anyways, thanks for your replies, and if you can answer this question I would be very greatful.

Thanks,
    Appjam

P.S. Can I restore it from the infinite loop using a computer with iTunes 9.2, or does it have to be with iTunes 9.1.1? Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

^ did you not read the post above yours???

Well I did but I wanted to know if it matters which version of iTunes I restore with.

Scratch all that, I just jail broke on iTunes 9.2. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by appjam; 07-06-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost