Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Most of my apps crash?

Unhappy Most of my apps crash?
    I tried to backup my jailbroken iPad in itunes last night - it failed and had device time out errors. (note it has worked before - about a month ago).

I left it over night and it still didnt complete.

I clicked the eject button in itunes, unplugged my iPad and then plugged it back in, it asked me if i wanted to restore or setup a new iPad!

When i try launching any app that is not a built-in app it starts and then instantly exits the app.

Apps like contacts and mail are ok.

Any ideas or is this reset land?
    Last edited by scyto; 06-17-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: title typo

Hope you didn't update to itunes 9.2. The update came out the other night and could have messed up your ****.

yes i did upgrade to latest itunes - how bad is my mistake / what is right way to resolve?

Not sure, good luck though. Maybe try figuring out how to downgrade itunes and then restore to an iPad backup.

Luckily i have a laptop with itunes 9.1 on it that has nevered synced with an iDevice.

Doing a sync on that machine has apparently fixed the issue. I didn't need to restore or reset. It is amazing to me a problem during sync could make an ipad unuseable (the device time out issue i was getting i suspect was the issue!)

I did a sync on a different 9.2 (windows) machine and everything is ok; go figure.
    Last edited by scyto; 06-17-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost