+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Terminal App for the 30-pin/USB adapter?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I'm wondering if anyone knows about a Terminal program that will connect through the 30-pin dock serially? Specifically if it would work using the Apple Camera Connection Kit (USB). What
    iPhone? More like MyPhone br8thw8's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Terminal App for the 30-pin/USB adapter?
    I'm wondering if anyone knows about a Terminal program that will connect through the 30-pin dock serially? Specifically if it would work using the Apple Camera Connection Kit (USB).

What I would like to do is have my iPad replace my Windows based laptop so I can connect to some work related equipment through a serial port. Currently I use my laptop with a USB to DB9 serial cable to connect to some field equipment and I use HyperTerminal to send commands to said equipment. It would be nice if someone knew of any such app. And if the Camera Connection Kit would let me hook my USB to DB9 cable to it.

iSSH/SSH only seem to connect via WiFi or 3G.

Mobile Terminal doesn't work on the iPad yet. I tried installing it along with Interceptty hoping that might be a solution.

Also, I can't seem to find it anywhere now but I saw some website that had 30-pin to DB9 serial cables and 30-pin to RJ45 cables.

Any help or suggestions/ideas are appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have a look at EADemo..