Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WHAT'S NEXT!!?? Ipad crashing in app and every 10 min.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WHAT'S NEXT!!?? Ipad crashing in app and every 10 min.
    Hey Mod family!
    Well the jailbroke iPad is definently a work in progress.
    My newest problem is that ipad crashes every few minutes. I can hit the restart button and it comes back ok ( for a few minutes.)
    Also, if im in the middle of some apps ( mail, Safari, etc. for example) it crashes on me.
    I try to be self sufficent but I really dont know where to start. every other time i know to uninstall the most recently installed app but this time I havent installed a cydia app that I know of fo at least 24 hours before this started.
    Any suggestions???
    THX

What cydia apps do you currently run?

restore and redo the whole thing i would suggest
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    restore and redo the whole thing i would suggest
    Try this out and when using spirit do not touch the dialog box once you click jailbreak, wait until your device has fully rebooted.

Good luck!

Sounds more like a memory leak in an app. I've noticed that A LOT of the Mobile Substrate add-ons seem to "work" but are leaking... For example: I install notifier (ya know, for the status bar icons for mail, etc.) and my memory seemed to be at like 30mb all the time. So what do you do to test it? Be sure to have SBSettings installed. Go into SBSettings > More > Mobile Substrate Addons > and turn "off" the add-on that you think is acting up. So I turned "off" "notifier" and viola, my memory sits around 80-100mb now. Clearly, there is an issue with notifier, and I will email the dev, though I'm sure that they already know about it.

Restoring, to me, is a last resort. I try to find the cause of the problem, else it will happen again. So, if you did not restore already, list which apps you have installed. Also, check out the compatible apps google doc, as it is fairly accurate with compatibility with iPad.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys here is what I have found out.
    I went to Rock and started disabling each extension 1 by 1. So far NO LUCK!! its the weirdest thing. The ipad will crash intermittently. Some times when I'm in mail. Sometimes when im doing nothing but staring at the spring board. When it crashes i get the sad phone and when I hit the restart option it comes back normal. I think it may be an app trying to fetch info but not sure. heres what i have going on.
    Activator, applist, backgrounder, bosspaper, cydelete, fullforce, fullpreview, icon support, infinidock, inspell, libhide, multiicon mover, music enhancer, picocore, preference loader, quick reply, sb settings, status notifier, tabplus, winterboard. and a few themes that i could list if it matters. Usually you see a crash after installing a conflicting app but this started a day or so after installing last app.
    thanks for all replies in advance