+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Camera connect kit and ex hd

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I remember reading something about being able to hook up and use the ex HD with camera kit if jailbroken! Just cant seem to find the thread, can some one
    Thanks

Default Camera connect kit and ex hd
    I remember reading something about being able to hook up and use the ex HD with camera kit if jailbroken! Just cant seem to find the thread, can some one hook me up please, thank u

No one remembers?

never mind, found it
    Last edited by gary86; 05-29-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gary86 For This Useful Post:

Jacinto (07-02-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Honestly, its a pure wsate of time. You have to open up some iFile app than you have to manually mount the harddrive though your mac via terminal. Just stupid. If you have to go through a computer to get this done than you might as well use a computer to watch the movie.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    Honestly, its a pure wsate of time. You have to open up some iFile app than you have to manually mount the harddrive though your mac via terminal. Just stupid. If you have to go through a computer to get this done than you might as well use a computer to watch the movie.
    You're wrong. You can simply set up a bookmark or navigate in iFile to: /var/mnt/

Then, plug in a flash drive, and wait until you see the "The attached USB device is not supported" message. (Hit Dismiss)

Just go to that and there's your flashdrive. Since iFile can play media files directly, you don't even need to copy them to your iPad unless you want to.

You can also use yxFlash, if you have it, and do the same thing, except with a larger choice of media types, like avi and divX.

Thanks

yeah what dave said, not sure why you are using your Mac to do this....iFile - mount - done

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dunno, i think the whole idea is a waste of time for video etc purposes, BUT i think its good if you need to look at a document quick or something. If its not supported by apple all this extra work is a hassle. I wish apple provided something like this from the get go. I mean a USB port and a SD slot built in the iPad. I can understand i costs more. They should have added those options to 64GB models at no cost. OR made it so you have to pay extra but you can get it on whichever model you order. I spent about $1000 for my 64GB 3G model with accessories and it feels kind of a rip off that i don't get those 2 basic options on it. and how i have to carry around these accessories. Bup. those are my 2 cents ...