+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Jailbreaking my Ipad?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello all, I am getting my Ipad next week (Hopefully), and I am concerned with jailbreaking it. So I just wanted to know are there any problems with Jailbreaking the
    Thanks

Default Problem with Jailbreaking my Ipad?
    Hello all,

I am getting my Ipad next week (Hopefully), and I am concerned with jailbreaking it.

So I just wanted to know are there any problems with Jailbreaking the Ipad with spirit, I mean do I use spirit to jailbreak and that's it?

Any of u guyz had problem such as : problems with WIFI, Screen issues, battery life, etc ... and are those problems common?

Thanx in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have not had any problems jail breaking with spirit on my iPad. Every thing runs great, super fast! There have been some reports about wifi problems but haven't experienced any myself.

Thanks

u only jailbroken the ipad, or did u do the Autoshshs thing (which i honestly dont know what it is), so there isnt anything to do except clicking on jailbreak button on spirit?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyalaa;
    u only jailbroken the ipad, or did u do the Autoshshs thing (which i honestly dont know what it is), so there isnt anything to do except clicking on jailbreak button on spirit?
    I have jail broken many devices but only had to do SHSH once with my iPad. You can do it in cydia or use a program that will back up and send SHSH file to saurik servers. It is used so you can downgrade to older firmware. Yea that's all you have to is hit the button on spirit and wait for it to do it's thing (less than a minute) and it will be done after restart.

Thanks

Thanx man, you've been a great help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanx man, you've been a great help!
    No problem. I'll try to find the program that I used to back up mine, cant remember what it's called. Found it on iptf though.

Thanks

lol, sry man. I know i ask many questions, but I wanted to know what if I dont do this for my Ipad (the shsh thing), wat bad things might happen and why would any1 want to downgrade to previous versions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    lol, sry man. I know i ask many questions, but I wanted to know what if I dont do this for my Ipad (the shsh thing), wat bad things might happen and why would any1 want to downgrade to previous versions?
    Just in case people who accidentally restore to new firmware can go back plus if they don't like the update they can go back. IMO it's mainly because the spirit jailbreak can be patched by a firmware update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oSL33P3Ro View Post
    Just in case people who accidentally restore to new firmware can go back plus if they don't like the update they can go back. IMO it's mainly because the spirit jailbreak can be patched by a firmware update.

r u saying that the update might remove cydia (cancel the jailbreak) or that the new firmware can't be jailbroken?