Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stack for ipad

Default Stack for ipad
    does any one here know if stack v3 works on the iPad

if not is there any possible way to program it for the ipad

Quote Originally Posted by LJay;
    does any one here know if stack v3 works on the iPad

if not is there any possible way to program it for the ipad
    No....it makes the iPad go into safe mode.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem. I was able to install it, but when I tried to add a app to the stack it crashed. I would love to get this app working for the iPad. This would really help hold me over until 4.0 software comes out!

I wonder if this is how Apple will handle folders in the OS 4 dock for the iPad. If we got stacks just like Snow Leopard's... that would be amazing.

I think the dev has given up on this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Lefti, you are correct! He did give up. Here's the scoop from iClarified:

February 23rd 2009

Steven Troughton-Smith, developer of Stack for iPhone/iPod touch, has announced he is discontinuing the project due to piracy.

Steven made the following blog post Saturday

-----
    It is a sad day when I have to wave goodbye to one of my favourite projects, but it's just becoming uneconomical to continue development on Stack for iPhone/iPod touch so I must let it go.

I have to work extra hard as it is on creating things for the App Store, but when people like paniK go ahead and make my software available to pirates and I watch sales vanish overnight, it means I have to spend much more time on marketing and development for my App Store apps to try and offset my losses, leaving no time for projects like Stack that earn me nothing.

There are several hundred thousand users of Stack at the current time; thanks a lot for your support! I'm sorry that I can't continue development - I've put too much effort into it so far at the expense of my other projects (and Real Life™). The only way I can foresee a reversal of this is if either the pirates stop or sales of Lights Off increase; both are looking very unlikely.

Stack will be removed from Cydia soon, so please grab a copy for yourself quick if you wish to keep it. Existing copies should continue to work for any jailbroken 2.x version of iPhone OS.

I know this will upset a lot of people…

-S

I saw in a forum that someone asked if they could carry on his work. He answered, "you can buy it for $10,000."

Looks like you can download the v3 here. Stack

I doubt there will be another update. I could be wrong.