Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: H@cktivating the iPad 3G SIM's AT&T data plan.

Default H@cktivating the iPad 3G SIM's AT&T data plan.
    I have an AT&T iPad microSIM,....but no iPad. Is there a way I can access AT&T's web form on a Mac or iPhone in order to sign up for and activate the plan?

A new idea is to restore iPhone OS 3.2 (the iPad's current OS) onto an iPhone 3G, and then take it from there. Would I have trouble doing iTunes' Option-Click-Restore routine with that? Or do those SHSH blobs I've been hearing about come into play and I'd be screwed? I've jailbroken the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G, but am afraid I'm behind the curve here in 2010.

Your only real problem is the 'IMEI'. IMEIs are the GSM equivilent (more or less) to an ESN in CDMA phones.

All devices have a set 'range' which allows a cellular company to track what type of phone/device is on their network.

ATT would be stupid to not use this. You would need a way to change your IMEI. Sometimes they are hard coded (hardware), sometimes it's stored in software. THat phone/whatever will then look like an iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why dont you call AT&T and give them the sim card number and ask them to activate that on the iPad plan. then use a Microsim to Regular sim adapter, pop that in the iPhone and your good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    Why dont you call AT&T and give them the sim card number and ask them to activate that on the iPad plan. then use a Microsim to Regular sim adapter, pop that in the iPhone and your good to go!
    I've heard AT&T will tell you you cannot activate the iPad over the phone. Here is a work around,
    Activating an iPad 3G SIM without an iPad

Anyone know if it's possible to use an old Cingular sim that has been cut to shape on an Ipad 3G and have ATT activate it to that sim?