Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi issues after jailbreaking with spirit

mythamp what setting did you change to get around this problem?
    I notice this happening very often normally after using an app such as a game. I got this problem with both my phone and ipad.

Problem solved!! For me anyhow. Go in to router settings 192.168.1 if using WEP change to WA or WA2. Change channel setting from automatic to 1,6 etc. I chose 1. Viola problem solved. No longer forgets password. Hope this helps.

I have a ipad wifi and 3g both jail broken with Spirit running SBsettings, OpenSSH, Backgrounder and Circuitous. The only wifi issues I had were occasional wifi icon disappearing but still connected. Respringing fixes it. Haven't had the issue in over week so it my be fixed. My Routers are Buffalo WHRG54S and a WRT54G-TM both running DDWRT.

My iphone 3gs has a terrible time Airlink AR670Ws. It will connect for 3 minutes and then stop all interent activity even though the phone and the router claim they are still associated with each other, WEP, WAP, WAP2 doen't matter if I turn off encryption I have no issues. So if you are having wifi problems you may want to go somewhere with a different router and see if it works.

FYI, the latest Backgrounder seems a little flakey and crashes on my ipads. I rolled back to a previous version by going to the iphone-backgrounder Google code page and downloading a previous version that work well for me. I uninstalled the new version, I used ifile to transfer the file over using webinterface and then ran it from ifile using the installer. You could use WinSCP/SSH to tranfer and run the install too.

It worked perfectly for me while jailbreaking with spirit, i can't tell what problem your having.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishir G View Post
    It worked perfectly for me while jailbreaking with spirit, i can't tell what problem your having.
    Might be my verizon router issue then.

I can't take this problem anymore, it is driving me crazy. I don't have anything installed except makeitmine and the wifi still has many problems. In the middle of surfing the web it suddenly forgets the password??!!

Anyone can help us?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12