Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Programmers PLEASE read - No video on iPad when dock connector plugged in

Default Programmers PLEASE read - No video on iPad when dock connector plugged in
    I have an ipad and I like to watch movies and hook it up to my speakers through the dock connector to amplify the sound. I do not like the headphone jack since it does not stabilize the volume nor can I charge it plus i just like the dock better. I have tried over 15 cables from expensive genuine apple to cheap cables. They all stop the video and make it "album art." The sound keeps playing and the video out works, but no video on the actual ipad. I understand they do this so people don't watch movies in their car, but this is horrible for people like me. I am sure this would be a simple mobile sub app that could get rid of the internal software that cuts the video when it see resistance in the dock connector. I feel this could easily be marketed on cydia for a dollar or 2 and make you some good money. I have sent this email to a few people and have not had any responses yet. I would be glad to help you beta test if you decide to do this.

Just so we are clear on what is happening

I can have ipad in hand and start a movie, plays fine etc..
    I plug in genuine apple a/v dock cable and movie instantly turns to album art. The rca ends of the cable do not even have to be plugged in so it must be a jumper in the connector telling the ipad software to cut out video and force to video out.

I had one developer already try to make something for me, and he made a tv block program that I put in dynamic libraries. This stopped the video out, but video on actual ipad still cut out.

Program was made for me. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You figure out a solution for this yet? I had the same problem so i had to switch to an auxilary cable. Sound from the axially cable is just not as good as the dock connector cable.

Can't you go into settings and turn video out off? If not, use the tvout2 app found in cydia and set it to Split mode, that should show the video on your screen again.

X99x sorry that will not work. It is blocked by apple for people watching in cars. Therock, I had a programmer make it for me. It is a simple deb install bit he told me not to give it out. Pm me your email and I will ask him if I can give it to u or I'll give him your email.