Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Location Service Problem - Please Help!

Default iPad Location Service Problem - Please Help!
    Okay, Here is the catch.

My location service was working when I first bought my iPad, 32G, Wifi, it was working like a charm.

Then I decide to "Spirit" my iPad. Since then my iPad's location service never come back again.

Yes, I have used OpenSSH, and have removed it and tried out, not working.

Yes, I have tried to restart the locationd service, and still not working.

Yes, I have tried other Apps, still not working.

Yes, I have tried to reset all the settings, include network settings, not working.

Yes, I have tried to restore Apple's Firmware, and it still not working.

Yes, I have re-submitted my location to Skyhook and waited, still not working.

Yes, I have tried another network from my neighbor, not working.

Yes, I have restarted my router and modem, not working neither.

Yes, my iPod Touch location service works just great as it usually be, same network, same spot.

And...Weird thing is, I can get my location at some weird spots like my bathroom but not in my living room nor any place else. I have checked my compass built-in my iPad, it works without any problem.

Any suggestions?

And.....One more thing.

I called up Apple Support this morning. And the support is very nice and getting these information back to engineers to play with.

My question would be, if they decide to take my unit in, diagnose or exam on it, will they find any mark of jailbreaking? I mean, does Spirit leaves any marks on hardware, software or anything? I hope when iTunes restore firmware, it wipes the Storage completely.

If anybody knows anything, please tell. Thanks!

Any help is appreciated! Thank you all.
    Last edited by kuratsunade; 05-18-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just use iTunes to restore your iPad to the original, factory settings should get things back to normal, without anyone ever knowing of your jailbreak secret.

1) Open SBSettings and make sure SSH toggle is activated (green) and note the Wi-Fi IP address of the iPad.

2) Open Terminal , and type in:

ssh [email protected] (Replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your iPad WiFi address) and it should be like ssh [email protected]

3) You will be prompted to enter your password. If you have not changed the default password is alpine.

4) Now execute following commands

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist

Press enter

launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist

That’s it! The location Services will work again.
    Last edited by Slider-Override; 06-02-2010 at 07:46 AM.

tried this. doesnt work for me. any one have better luck with this?

Quote Originally Posted by sundaymorning View Post
    tried this. doesnt work for me. any one have better luck with this?
    For all that are having problems goto Cydia and Sources

Add: Cydia.pushfix.info

Refresh and than install the iPad Loction Service Fix there. It worked 100% for me. Try it out!
    IPHONE 3G "DEV" (LETS HACK THIS IPHONE!)

tried this too. no luck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grmiller View Post

Refresh and than install the iPad Loction Service Fix there. It worked 100% for me. Try it out!
    Tried this and cydia says it couldn't find this source. Went to source, add, typed the above source in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sundaymorning View Post
    tried this too. no luck
    I am in this situation also no location services on my pad it is not ssh causing the problem it's something else??

Try add cydia.pushfix.info...install fix for location in there...restart iPad...still got error with location service... Been searching for this a month ago...plz..anyone?

having the same problem,tried the above solutions and didnt work for me either...

Default same problem
    yes, Ii have same problem.

this method tried.
    launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist
    aunchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist

reboot tried.

but location service not wrok.

no news yet from my end, anyone out there have any luck?

Method 2 worked on my wifi iPad.

iPad location service and OpenSSH | The digital Side of Life

Yes you can ssh in to make the change but found it easier to download iFile from Cydia or Rock and then just follow the instructions and edit it from the iPad itself. Don't know if a hard reset is required but I did it for good measure. FYI, press home and sleep together tell you get the apple.

Don't thank me, thank Google and Website owner.
    Last edited by gedster314; 06-15-2010 at 11:30 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gedster314 For This Useful Post:

ainyul (06-16-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Method 2 worked on my wifi iPad.

iPad location service and OpenSSH | The digital Side of Life

Yes you can ssh in to make the change but found it easier to download iFile from Cydia or Rock and then just follow the instructions and edit it from the iPad itself. Don't know if a hard reset is required but I did it for good measure. FYI, press home and sleep together tell you get the apple.

Don't thank me, thank Google and Website owner.
    thks, i have d/l iFile but am not sure where or how to modify the file as per;

Solution 2 (complicated)

1. Edit the file /System/Library/LaunchDeamons/com.apple.locationd.plist from your iPad – you need to copy this one to your PC/Mac and maybe also decrypt it with an plist< ->ascii converter.
    2. Now replace <key\>OnDemand</key\> <false/> with <key\>OnDemand</key\> <true/>

Mehr lesen: iPad location service and OpenSSH | The digital Side of Life

Thks for any help once again;

EDIT: after d/l iFile I may have inadvertently done something, my apps no longer open in full screen (via FULLFORCE); and some like CNN are half n half, i have the normal iphone size screen non centered anymore, its at the top leftmost of the ipad yet have some options at the bottom as though it was full screen..??

hope i have explained it properly; thks again!
    Last edited by ainyul; 06-16-2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

deleted
    Last edited by gedster314; 06-16-2010 at 04:50 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gedster314 For This Useful Post:

ainyul (06-16-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by kuratsunade View Post
    Okay, Here is the catch.

My location service was working when I first bought my iPad, 32G, Wifi, it was working like a charm.

Then I decide to "Spirit" my iPad. Since then my iPad's location service never come back again.

Yes, I have used OpenSSH, and have removed it and tried out, not working.

Yes, I have tried to restart the locationd service, and still not working.

Yes, I have tried other Apps, still not working.

Yes, I have tried to reset all the settings, include network settings, not working.

Yes, I have tried to restore Apple's Firmware, and it still not working.

Yes, I have re-submitted my location to Skyhook and waited, still not working.

Yes, I have tried another network from my neighbor, not working.

Yes, I have restarted my router and modem, not working neither.

Yes, my iPod Touch location service works just great as it usually be, same network, same spot.

And...Weird thing is, I can get my location at some weird spots like my bathroom but not in my living room nor any place else. I have checked my compass built-in my iPad, it works without any problem.

Any suggestions?

And.....One more thing.

I called up Apple Support this morning. And the support is very nice and getting these information back to engineers to play with.

My question would be, if they decide to take my unit in, diagnose or exam on it, will they find any mark of jailbreaking? I mean, does Spirit leaves any marks on hardware, software or anything? I hope when iTunes restore firmware, it wipes the Storage completely.

If anybody knows anything, please tell. Thanks!

Any help is appreciated! Thank you all.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND JUST GOT IT WORKING!!!
    I don't (at present moment) really need OpenSSH on the iPad, so I uninstalled it. I then turned off location services on the iPad and did a two finger salute (power button and home for 20 seconds) for full reboot/power down. I then rebooted the device and re-enabled location services and it works!

Give it a try

thks for the detialed info/steps earlier; although i went trhough it 1 by 1 it didnt work for me; am tempted to do a restore and start from scratch but with the new itunes 9.2 i think i will wait...

location services is important but do not want to risk losing out on JB..!!

cheers;

Thanks

You aren't required to use the newer iTunes 9.2.

I did that and it doesnt work still

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Good fix.
    This worked for me thanks about time I was tired of having to used terminal all the time..or having to wait till I get to my Mac. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by grmiller View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast