Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing Icons on Springboard.......??????

Default Changing Icons on Springboard.......??????
    Question to all,

Specifically for the iPad, how is everyone changing their icons within a created theme? I an using Winterboard and I was able to change the "default or preloaded" icons like Safari, Mail, iTunes, etc. But any app I downloaded from the app store, the icons dont change. Like I downloaded USA Today app and I want to change the springboard icon for each theme I am creating, how is this done?

I can do it for my phone, but it seems that the iPad does not work the same way. Oh, and for clarity, I have tried the following:
    1) Within my theme, I have the 'Icons' folder with the icon images there, for example, I have Safari.app, Mail.app, iTunes.app, etc (all these are .png files of course). I just cant get the App store added apps to change their icons.
    2) I added the app's bundle folder to the 'Bundles' folder, for example, I have com.apple.Maps with icon.png file in the folder. Again, this works but not for the App store added apps.

Any help would be great!!

9th
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The Winterboard theme you're using should have an icon folder. You need to create png files with exactly the same names as your apps - this includes spacing and caps (eg USA TODAY.png). Place the icon in the theme's icon folder and respiring.

Quote Originally Posted by yossarianno9 View Post
    The Winterboard theme you're using should have an icon folder. You need to create png files with exactly the same names as your apps - this includes spacing and caps (eg USA TODAY.png). Place the icon in the theme's icon folder and respiring.
    I know all of that. And for the iPad the .png files are different from the iPhone (most of the icon.png files have the number 72 in them. Again, I tried everything, including what you listed above. This is not my first rodeo so the basics have already been tried (i got the exact names from the info.plist but when I apply them it doesn't work).

Anyone else have anything??

I figured it out!! Thanks
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 05-16-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."