Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Change Webpage Icons

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How to Change Webpage Icons
    I've changed all of my icons through a Winterboard theme, except the webpages I have bookmarked on the home screen won't change, even though icons in the theme folder have exactly the same name. Can someone please tell me how to change them?

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't be done at present, but it's being worked on I believe.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Glad it's not just me!

Thanks for the response.

What's Jailbreak?
    Ventura County, California, United States of America, Earth. =]
    Thanks

could be done... i actually just started naking a tut. on how to do it. i discovered it yesterday. brb soon with my video.

You can just manually replace the icon inside the webclip's folder. I've put my own transparent pixel in my webclip to use as a blank icon/space holder. Works fine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

yossarianno9 (05-14-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Replacing them directly in webclips worked perfectly - thanks so much!

Uh, oops - I take the above post back. It worked perfectly until I actually clicked on the webclips. When I closed back out of the browser, the sites had replaced my icon with their original icon. (Specifically, the sites I'm using are Goodreads and Facebook). I went back into the webclips via SSH, and sure enough, my icon is gone, and the old one is in the folder again.

Ideas? Thoughts?
    Last edited by yossarianno9; 05-14-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Inside of the webclip folder is an info.plist file. Download it and edit it with notepad or text edit. There should be a string in there that is a link to the icon that just replaced itself. If you delete that entry, safari wont update the icon the next time you use the webclip.

This is how I make my blank icon spacers, they're just modified webclips. I also delete the web URL string though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I deleted the string with the png link, but when I opened the webclip, the site actually replaced the string/link.