+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Mount iPad as local disk in Windows via USB?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi, I want to be able to mount the iPad as a local drive in Windows so I can dump and sync my work documents into my iPad(about 20GB). I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to Mount iPad as local disk in Windows via USB?
    Hi,

I want to be able to mount the iPad as a local drive in Windows so I can dump and sync my work documents into my iPad(about 20GB). I tried wifi WEBDAV but it's just too slow, and apps like iphonebrowser are limited to their own interface (I can't mount).

I searched/googled everywhere and found no clue on this. Any one got idea how this can be done?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I prefer iPhoneBrowser. It's a free download from Downloads - iphonebrowser - Project Hosting on Google Code. Please note that you need afc2add installed on your device to access the system folders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There is this app:

Dmytro personal pages: USB Drive for iPhone beta is available

But I have yet to try it for the iPad. It works great for my iPhone though. It let's you take a slice of the iPhone storage and turn it into a usb drive that can be formatted with any file system. The problem with this route is that you can't access this file system from within the iPad - but it works great as a USB drive.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For Havokhybrid & tom5447, thanks for reply but neither will allow me to mount the iPad as a local drive in Windows (must tranfer files inside their GUI). I emailed both developers and confirmed this.

For leonowski, thanks and great info! It something I couldn't find before and it looks promising. However, currently version only creates an IMG file in iPad, and it can't be access inside iPad (via iFile or other app), so it's a step toward what I need. I guess soon someone will develop an app for mounting the iPad, it's just so essential for using the iPad as a business tool.