Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two devices

Default Two devices
    I tried to search for this answer and just couldn't find anyone discussing it. The documentation for Cydia and Rock.app didn't really address this either. I apologize if I might have missed it.

So I have an iPhone and iPad, I buy snes4iphone for the iPad through Cydia. Can I also use it on the iPhone or do I have to spend another 5.99 on the iPhone to use it also?

Rock.app doesn't let you have both an iPhone and iPad on the same account (which doesn't make sense to me) so I know that you couldn't buy snes4iphone through that and have it on both devices.

Just wondering if Cydia is going to have the same restriction?

It looks like I am able to transfer the license to a new iPhone when it comes out, but I haven't seen a straight answer to only buying an app once for both an iPhone and iPad.

Thanks all.

This is one of the big differences between Rock and Cydia. Rock limits your use to a single device, Cydia does not, as long as your devices are registered with the same account info. Not sure what the upper limit is with Cydia, but I have 5 devices and they all work with all the apps I've purchased through them.

If an app is available through both Rock and Cydia, I ALWAYS choose Cydia, as I believe their licensing system is more fair and more reliable. Even the Apple Store allows 5 devices to use purchases!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

duc999s (05-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    This is one of the big differences between Rock and Cydia. Rock limits your use to a single device, Cydia does not, as long as your devices are registered with the same account info. Not sure what the upper limit is with Cydia, but I have 5 devices and they all work with all the apps I've purchased through them.

If an app is available through both Rock and Cydia, I ALWAYS choose Cydia, as I believe their licensing system is more fair and more reliable. Even the Apple Store allows 5 devices to use purchases!
    Ah, thanks for the information, that was exactly what I was looking for. Definitely going to start using Cydia from now on.

I really hope Rock changes there policy down the road, one thing they do that I like is the free trial's.

Thanks again.