+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VLC4iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey, I've tested some xvid (.avi) files with vlc4iphone and it appears to have the processing power to display them at close to full frame rate, something my iPhone could
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default VLC4iPhone
    Hey, I've tested some xvid (.avi) files with vlc4iphone and it appears to have the processing power to display them at close to full frame rate, something my iPhone could never do. Problem is, even with FullForce, it will only display in the top right corner of the iPad. Does anyone know of another app that supports vxid playback that is currently working in fullscreen? Thanks in advance.

Green Apple
    Thanks

have you tried the modifying the plist to make it ipad comptaible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Never manually, but my understanding is that is what FullForce does.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just wondering if mplayer would work, but I gather it would probably give the same results. Also, have you tried mkv's.

Anybody know if someone is making a player that would work well?

If playing avi/mkv works fully, it would definitely convince me to get an iPad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I could not get mplayer to work, crashes immediately. I'll try a mkv later, but as it is just a container, i am sure it will work. Just have to figure out how to get the video to play at larger resolutions.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi guys, cant seem to get vlc to play mp4 or 3gp , theyre made by mxtube, which i couldnt run playback of vids i downloaded, any idea how to run them

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure about 3gp, but if you use iFile and browse to the files, it should open them with the default player.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Guys, VLC4iphone is working, the issue is, its only in vertical mode, even if you rotate your ipad, nothing happens to the video your playing, any one knows how to make it rotate? maybe something in the info.ini?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Don't update to Openstreamer
    Just did and it's a mess. Slow, crashes and now has ads.
    A step back from VLC4Iphone which wasn't perfect but it was great.

If anybody knows how to reinstall VLC4iphone manually and where to find it please post.
    Last edited by pacificstart; 07-25-2010 at 10:17 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Download Oplayer from the actual App store. It'll play xvid/divx and a few other formats on the iPad itself, quite a wonder that Apple ok'ed it. I use iFile to either wifi the files on or since I got the camera connection kit I just load on a bunch of avi's and play off the memory card/usb dive via iFile or cut/paste into a download folder on the iPad

Thanks

Default Video
    Quote Originally Posted by lumberjak View Post
    Download Oplayer from the actual App store. It'll play xvid/divx and a few other formats on the iPad itself, quite a wonder that Apple ok'ed it. I use iFile to either wifi the files on or since I got the camera connection kit I just load on a bunch of avi's and play off the memory card/usb dive via iFile or cut/paste into a download folder on the iPad
    Oplayer to me seemed like a good option, as I can can transfer episodes of my favourite shows within seconds. Yxplayer is another clone which is helpful as well. Both these apps are compatible with iPad but they are paid apps. You can add them through the file transfer section in itunes under the list of apps in your iPad. Airvideo seems to also be a good choice as you can stream videos from your computer (via interwebz) in most video formats. A free version of this app is available.