Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: You can use the camera kit to use external usb drives and sd cards without work around

Hi dcyuen...did this type of thumb drive working on ios4.2.1..this is the link
    -http://regmedia.co.uk/2008/10/30/solid_gold_usb_drive.jpg
    -http://static.skattertech.com/media/2006/07/microvaulttiny.jpg

Help me,i already buy camera connector kit today buy if possible i dont want to use sd card because if i want to tranfer somethingfrom my pc,i still need to use card reader...

What happen if i insert my m2 memory card to card reader and connect it to the camera connector kit,is it possible for the ipad to read the files..thank you..
    Last edited by HamDani; 01-20-2011 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Not complete

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    Check the specs, but I'd be very surprised if that drive doesn't need more than 100ma, which is the max the iPad will provide, even under iOS 3.2. Most Desktop computers provide 500ma.

But I see the drive does have a port for an external power supply. That should do the trick.
    I have an ipad fw 3.2 and I don't want to upgrade to 4.x due to the fact that I still want to use my flash drive. In reading your response, the new fw does not allow is to use the apple connection kit right?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 143voltron For This Useful Post:

seazhou (10-05-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    I have an ipad fw 3.2 and I don't want to upgrade to 4.x due to the fact that I still want to use my flash drive. In reading your response, the new fw does not allow is to use the apple connection kit right?
    Actually its works on sd card and thumb drive without led light..i already try it with my friend thumb drive,its works, i gonna buy thumb drive without led soon...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123