Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad will not allow connection to WIFI

Default Ipad will not allow connection to WIFI
    I downloaded spirit from gizmodo, after downloading i came to realize the ipad no longer shows wifi connection. When trying to go into settings and connect to a my wifi the wifi setting is grayed out and i cant even access it. I tried to restore my ipad, but still the wifi issue stays..

did i just turn my ipad into a big ol ipod touch with no internet access?!

please help.

Make sure you don't restore the backup in iTunes. Always start fresh from a system restore.

what do you mean by system restore? meaning when you restore select "set up a new ipad?" if so thats what i did and still nothing.

You could put your iPad in DFU mode and from there do a system restore.
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...U_Restore_Mode
    Last edited by idigipunk; 05-10-2010 at 10:05 PM.

didnt work, screen still shows no WIFI and wifi is blocked in settings... i havent completely restored the ipad and taken the jailbreak completely off and still...not a damn thing..

you think i cant take it back to apple and say somethings wrong? or will they see that it has been jailbroken?

Sounds like you will have to do a complete restore to get everything back to normal. Apple will know for sure if jailbreak is still on iPad but with a complete restore there is know way for them to tell. Then if there is still issues return it then. What apps do you have on the iPad from Cydia/Rock?

I think you guys are misunderstand me... it is completely restored... the ipad is back to its normal settings.. there isnt a single app on the ipad. I wasnt even able to use the jailbrea apps because it never connected to the internet to activate it. I literally downloaded the jailbreak...and it never worked after that. i've done every restore you can do..still, nothing works. The ipad is blank, nothing on it. Wifi is locked and i can not change anything about the settings or network.

New one to me, not sure what the issue is then. Usually when you go back to original factory settings/complete system restore everything works as if it just came out of the box. Sorry I couldn't help you more. Good luck

Off to the apple store i suppose.. wompwompwomp =\

Let us know what the verdict is.

if the iPad has a fresh restore and it still isn't working then just take it to apple and have them swap it out. easy as that.

I changed my wifi security to wpa2 and that fixed it for me. try it