Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Theme Dimensions

Default iPad Theme Dimensions
    I'll looking to port my iPhone theme for the iPad. Does anyone have a list or can make a list of what dimensions images need to be. Examples: status bar, dock, icons, backgrounds, sliders, (both in landscape and portrait). Also what can and cant be themed on the ipad with Winterboard as it is right now. I currently do not have a iPad so i'm shooting in the dark. Any help would be great.

I'll start you off with a little information.

You'll need 2 files for the Dock:

SBDockBGT-Landscape.png
    SBDockBGT-Portrait.png

The dimensions for the Landscape one are 1024 x 64
    The dimensions for the Portrait one are 768 x 64

Splash screens and backgrounds at 768 x 1004 seem to show with a nice resolution.
    Last edited by ttierno2; 05-08-2010 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks that helps! Keep them coming

I just did a custome "Carrier" icon to replace the "iPad" in the status bar. It worked great as a 166 x 20pxl .png. I placed the two files, Default_CARRIER_IPAD.png & FSO_CARRIER_IPAD.png in the Springboard.app folder.

It looks better on my iPad, trust me...
    Last edited by kmmxracer; 05-08-2010 at 11:12 PM.

where is the lock screen info at? im porting a theme but i cant find the lockscreen pngs
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

How do I change the lock screen slider?

icons = 72 x 72

Where is this Springboard.app folder? I cant seem to find any of the files people are talking about with the iPad. I am JB and have winterboard installed.

Can you guys help. What am I missing?

D

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

are the icons really that size? i thought they were like 64x64 and the springboard.app is in /System/Library/Coreservices/ but you theme it in /var/stash/Themes/Themename/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Sorry Man, I thought you were just commenting on something else. Now that I saw what you said I got it!. I didnt have the "b" in "Bundles" capitalized... Dumbass!

D
    Last edited by definitive; 05-21-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Ok, I have a question related to this thread. Does anyone know how to have your home screen wallpaper rotate when the Pad rotates? I ported a theme I have on my phone over but when I go from landscape to portrait on my Pad, the wallpaper does not rotate accordingly. Any ideas?

Edit: Also, how do you make the slider completely clear/invisible? On my phone, the slider, text, and the bottom "dock" that houses the slider are all clear. When I ported the themes from Winterboard on my phone over, the only thing that is clear is text.
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 05-22-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Thanks

Not supported yet just place the wallpaper image in your ipads photos and set it as your wallpaper. And delete it in the theme

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    Not supported yet just place the wallpaper image in your ipads photos and set it as your wallpaper. And delete it in the theme
    Ok. What about the slider.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by definitive View Post
    Sorry Man, I thought you were just commenting on something else. Now that I saw what you said I got it!. I didnt have the "b" in "Bundles" capitalized... Dumbass!

D
    lmao hahaha it's cool

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Ok. What about the slider.
    slider is in Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI named bottombarknobgrayT and redT and the slider part of it is WellLock_T atleast that's the image I used to make the slider on my ipad theme but perhapd you can use other things like BarBottomLock_T.png not sure you will also want to make waiting_bottom.png transparent I suggest just going and downloading an iPad theme mine is in beta 1 right now but to get it it's a donation of atleast $2 and you will get the rest of the betas and the final release and any updates also. or you can download HOCKEY's theme in the theme's section of modmyi

16. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

ninthchamber99 (05-22-2010)

ok. Thanks. One more question, what is the name of the image on the lock screen that allows you to switch to the picture frame?

Thanks

SlideshowBkgnd.png SlideshowLandscape.png and SlideshowPortrait.png all in com.apple.springboard the bkgnd one is 52x52 the landscape one is wider and shorter than the portrait image and is 30x27 and hte portrait one is 26x31

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    SlideshowBkgnd.png SlideshowLandscape.png and SlideshowPortrait.png all in com.apple.springboard the bkgnd one is 52x52 the landscape one is wider and shorter than the portrait image and is 30x27 and hte portrait one is 26x31
    Thanks again!!!