Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari keeps closing

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Safari keeps closing
    When I try and surf the web, it just minimizes and disappears. After I open it back up, it doesn't go back to the last page. It is just blank. Almost like memory loss. Any suggestions?

The exact same thing happens tome when I open up the screenshot thread that I created here earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by rrogerstx View Post
    The exact same thing happens tome when I open up the screenshot thread that I created here earlier today.
    Same for me on that thread. Get about halfway down and it closes.

Quote Originally Posted by smh7233 View Post

Yep.. Exactly what mine does.. Seems okay elsewhere.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol. Exactly the same place for me. That is why I started this thread. That's really weird.

same problem here... it looks like the browser crashes when the banner ads on the right side of the page begin to load. perhaps there is a bad banner?

Quote Originally Posted by smh7233 View Post
    Same here Very strange but works everywhere else ok.

Same. With all the large images plus the ads I don't think that Safari could handle it (just a guess). I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed, but those damn banner ads on MMi take forever to load. It would be nice if some of those were gotten rid of.

Same problem here

Thanks
    I've had this issue pre and post jailbreak so I think it is an Apple issue.

I had this problem too and I found 3 different things that cause it correct me if I'm wrong
    1.) adblock app (certain ads cause safari to crashes)
    2.) openssh (memory leaks cause safari to crash)
    3.) safari dl plugin (memory leaks cause safari to crash)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chuckkay For This Useful Post:

mushromking (05-29-2010)

Thanks
    It was #2 for me ... since im on 4.0 beta 4 i cant install any cydia apps but openssh to enable multitasking and wallpapers(iphone 3g) so there was no way of turning on and off ssh so thank you very much

I suggest downloading the Atomic web browser from the app store. Works better than Safari by a mile. Think a cheaper version on Google Chrome, but just as good.

Believe me, after you download, and take five minutes to get used it, your Safari troubles won't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonesPwn View Post
    I suggest downloading the Atomic web browser from the app store. Works better than Safari by a mile. Think a cheaper version on Google Chrome, but just as good.

Believe me, after you download, and take five minutes to get used it, your Safari troubles won't really matter.
    I really liked atomic web browser for the iPod touch, but the iPad version seems so dated.
    They should really update some parts of the ui to compliment the iPad. The new safari is amazing besides the fact that it does not have your tabs on the top of the browser..

Also on topic I am also having the safari crashing issue, and it isn't just on this site but any website with a lot of images.