+ Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Post your newly themed iPad screenshot

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by shaotse I have the remove icon shadow theme that comes with iblank- it replaces the WallpaperIconShadowT.png and WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png files with transparencies Thanx!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaotse View Post
    I have the remove icon shadow theme that comes with iblank- it replaces the WallpaperIconShadowT.png and WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png files with transparencies
    Thanx!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Kann hier jemand DEUTSCH und ist hier noch jemand wach? :-)

Brauche Hilfeeee, hehe!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm trying to replicate shaotse's theme as well, but I'm having one problem atm. All the icons in my dock have a big shadow behind them the size of the old icon. I deleted all of the images that you said to in system/library/privateframeworks/mobileicons.frameworks, but this shadow is still there. Please help!

Thanks

I have the remove icon shadow theme that comes with iblank- it replaces the WallpaperIconShadowT.png and WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png files with transparencies
    --
    Last edited by shaotse; 06-24-2010 at 10:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick response, I must have skimmed over that post. Any chance you would be willing to upload your leopard dock?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Duetoxplode View Post
    Any chance you would be willing to upload your leopard dock?
    Sure later on when I can no problem-

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shaotse For This Useful Post:

jokerg7 (06-25-2010)

Master Themer (aka gaBzii) jokerg7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,068 Posts

shaotse (how do u say that??)
    how is your wallpaper so nice? mine looks all pixelated and stuff something im missing?

also thanks for all help on making this 'theme' possible it looks fantastic!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaBzii View Post
    shaotse (how do u say that??)
    how is your wallpaper so nice? mine looks all pixelated and stuff something im missing?

also thanks for all help on making this 'theme' possible it looks fantastic!
    In landscape it should be sharp as its just downsizing the wallpaper I just pulled out of osx thru airsharing - portrait however, looks crappy. The way to not have that happen of course is to make the image 1024x1024 square, but the cropping didn't look right for that wallpaper so I just went with the original. I mostly use the ipad in landscape so I figured it wasn't a big deal, although I'd like to have the perfection if I could

Quote Originally Posted by Duetoxplode View Post
    Any chance you would be willing to upload your leopard dock?
    Dock can be found here
    Last edited by shaotse; 06-25-2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Here we go again with red cards immature comments!!!

D

Thanks

Alright- I finally have a link for the Snow Leopard theme I pieced together for the iPad -
    You can grab the materials here
    Looking forward to people doing much cooler stuff

Also, have to post in honor of my old 3GS, on which I spent hours learning how to theme, and am missing now that I'm rolling with the locked down iPhone 4 -Although the retina.. Holy Shh!
    Last edited by shaotse; 06-26-2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaotse For This Useful Post:

jayteez (06-27-2010), pakkun (08-08-2010), Quaddy (11-02-2010), ricmoo2007 (07-21-2010)

Thanks

looks pretty sweet shaotse..my ipad delivers on monday after being pre ordered for 3 months now :s ...so i will definitely try this out as soon as i get it...

keep up the good work

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Alright- I finally have a link for the Snow Leopard theme I pieced together for the iPad -
    You can grab the materials here
    Looking forward to people doing much cooler stuff

Also, have to post in honor of my old 3GS, on which I spent hours learning how to theme, and am missing now that I'm rolling with the locked down iPhone 4 -Although the retina.. Holy Shh!
    hi, shaotse..thanks for posting the link. im having a problem though. i installed and read the instructions but i dont have any of the icons. I see you included OSX icons.icontainer but i dont see where this goes. Can you help me out ?

Last edited by jayteez; 06-27-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks

icontainer is best used with Candy Bar for mac, but there are other programs that can deal with it for mac or windows, google it to see what u can find -

here are some 80x80 icons for the apps- but you can't use winterboard, you'll have to follow the icon theming instructions to make them display properly - also, do you have sbsettings installed? that cluster on the top left of your screenshot I've never seen before- the sbsettings theme goes in /var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes once you install sbsettings - looks like you put that in a winterboard theme or something
    Last edited by shaotse; 06-27-2010 at 01:13 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to shaotse For This Useful Post:

jayteez (06-27-2010)

Thanks

icontainer is best used with Candy Bar for mac, but there are other programs that can deal with it for mac or windows, google it to see what u can find -

here are some 80x80 icons for the apps- but you can't use winterboard, you'll have to follow the icon theming instructions to make them display properly - also, do you have sbsettings installed? that cluster on the top left of your screenshot I've never seen before- the sbsettings theme goes in /var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes once you install sbsettings - looks like you put that in a winterboard theme or something
    ok, thanks..ill move the sbsettings theme to the correct place. Now as far as the icons, should I just rename the OSX to the stock ones that i want to replace? also what directory are stock icons in? this is where im lost and the instructions dont specify.

Thanks

you have to navigate to the folder of the app you wish to theme - for instance- go to: /var/mobile/Applications/(a bunch of random seeming numbers)/yourapp.app, and replace the icon file -it will be icon.png, icon-72.png, appicon.png or something like that (verify the resolution is 72x72 to make sure its the right .png)

Its a different name for each app, which is why winterboard doesn't work now.

(hopefully you are using cyberduck or transmit to ssh into your device)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shaotse For This Useful Post:

jayteez (06-27-2010)

Thanks

you have to navigate to the folder of the app you wish to theme - for instance- go to: /var/mobile/Applications/(a bunch of random seeming numbers)/yourapp.app, and replace the icon file -it will be icon.png, icon-72.png, appicon.png or something like that (verify the resolution is 72x72 to make sure its the right .png)

thanks for your help..im using winscp for ssh.

ok, Shaotse. As a test, i found the "notes" app and changed the icon but the icon has the white border (box) around it.
    Last edited by jayteez; 06-27-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

is it a clean png? if so can you send me a screengrab?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to shaotse For This Useful Post:

jayteez (06-28-2010)

Thanks

is it a clean png? if so can you send me a screengrab?

sure..here it is on the lower right corner.

i think once i get that figured out and also how to iconize the categories folders (tools, system, media, games) I will be good to go. once again, thanks for your help. ill get it sooner or later.

Thanks

It looks like you've saved it out as a jpeg or the program you're saving it out with is adding the white background instead of leaving it transparent. Use either candybar or get the prerendered .pngs here

25. The Following User Says Thank You to shaotse For This Useful Post:

jayteez (06-28-2010)

Thanks

It looks like you've saved it out as a jpeg or the program you're saving it out with is adding the white background instead of leaving it transparent. Use either candybar or get the prerendered .pngs here
    ok, thanks. i will try again when i get home. one last thing, the systems, tools, media and games icons made with categories...where is that directory located? i need to change those icons the same way that i change the app icons, correct?