+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please read about cracked apps on ipad!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Per forum rules we do not allow discussion of anything cracked/pirated/warez related at any time. Seems alot of people are missing the rules section when registering lately so this is
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Default Please read about cracked apps on ipad!
    Per forum rules we do not allow discussion of anything cracked/pirated/warez related at any time.

Seems alot of people are missing the rules section when registering lately so this is your friendly reminder. Your one and only. Thanks.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (05-09-2010), Colours3732 (05-06-2014), hughEE (03-14-2013), Miz.Michele (09-26-2010), Poseidon79 (05-07-2010), rkisling (05-12-2010), SnowLeo (05-17-2010)

Thanks

should this thread be locked?
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Thread puned for being off-topic, negative, worthless discussion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (05-11-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,694 Times in 5,954 Posts

wow, what is happening to this forum?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Looks like I missed some fun and an opportunity to ban someone.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

This is crazy.... there are rules in life and every where! Rules and honesty are positive things in life!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

You didn't miss anything worth reading stealth , mainly basura (garbage)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question regarding FontSwap app and iPad compatibility
    First off, I apologize if I'm breaking any Forum rules by asking this question - this is my first time on this website. Second, I apologize if I come across as sounding "stupid" or if I end up pissing anyone off by my questions - I have found that I end up pissing a lot of people off by my "literal" way of thinking.

I am currently trying to install a Cydia program called Fontswap (the version is 1.5 according to Big Boss) on my jailbroken iPad - I have read posts, on several other websites, where people have not been able to get Fontswap to work correctly. Based on these posts, I became confused when I subsequently went to the developer's website and read that his latest version, which is 1.5, works perfectly with OS 3.0 (I have OS 3.1.3). I have followed the Fontswap work-around direction on this website "to the letter" 4 times and still cannot get Fontswap to work correctly on my iPad.

As of now, I am wondering 2 things:

1. Is Fontswap compatible with the iPad?
    2. Is Fontswap compatible with OS 3.1.3?

I will greatly appreciate any assistance the users here can offer me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavnone View Post
    First off, I apologize if I'm breaking any Forum rules by asking this question - this is my first time on this website. Second, I apologize if I come across as sounding "stupid" or if I end up pissing anyone off by my questions - I have found that I end up pissing a lot of people off by my "literal" way of thinking.

I am currently trying to install a Cydia program called Fontswap (the version is 1.5 according to Big Boss) on my jailbroken iPad - I have read posts, on several other websites, where people have not been able to get Fontswap to work correctly. Based on these posts, I became confused when I subsequently went to the developer's website and read that his latest version, which is 1.5, works perfectly with OS 3.0 (I have OS 3.1.3). I have followed the Fontswap work-around direction on this website "to the letter" 4 times and still cannot get Fontswap to work correctly on my iPad.

As of now, I am wondering 2 things:

1. Is Fontswap compatible with the iPad?
    2. Is Fontswap compatible with OS 3.1.3?

I will greatly appreciate any assistance the users here can offer me.

seeing how this is 100% related to cracked apps, im sure some one will help you.

I love sarcasm

Like A Boss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really don't mean to sound "retarded" here, yet I'm really confused by your post:

The way I have always understood the concept of Jailbreaking it focuses to cracking, or hacking, a device to allow the device to do something it is not legally supposed to do. If users, on this forum, are not allowed to discuss the various apps that can be used on a jailbroken device then what, specifically, is allowed to be discussed on this forum, which is called "iPad Jailbreaking" according to your website?

Again, i apologize if I am sounding "retarded" about this - if I am starting to piss people off, please let me know, and I will be more than willing to delete my Forum account and no longer visit your website.

Thanks

Jailbreaking your i device has nothing to do with stealing apps, which is referring to the terms "cracked apps", "pirated" or "warez"
    Please create a new thread with your questions about fontswap

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavnone View Post
    I really don't mean to sound "retarded" here, yet I'm really confused by your post:

The way I have always understood the concept of Jailbreaking it focuses to cracking, or hacking, a device to allow the device to do something it is not legally supposed to do. If users, on this forum, are not allowed to discuss the various apps that can be used on a jailbroken device then what, specifically, is allowed to be discussed on this forum, which is called "iPad Jailbreaking" according to your website?

Again, i apologize if I am sounding "retarded" about this - if I am starting to piss people off, please let me know, and I will be more than willing to delete my Forum account and no longer visit your website.
    Then your mistaken on your definition of jail breaking.....jail breaking is just allowing you to run unsigned code...that's all...the ability to run an app without apples permission....a cracked app is just what the name said.....nuff said

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sorry, yet I still don't understand the meaning of a "cracked" app.

Is a cracked app the same as unsigned code?

I mentioned, in my earlier post, that I understand things in a VERY "literal" manner ie. I have Asperger's Syndrome and, as a result, I am completely unable to draw inferences from casual conversation - believe me, I have pissed off quite a few people in my life because they felt that I just "didn't understand" what they were telling me and, to be perfectly honest, I have next to no friends as a result of it.

Again, I am not intentionally trying to piss anyone here off - I am simply trying to understand what is being said.

Thanks

In short... CRACKED APP = STOLEN APP. (ie a program that cost money that you steal for free)
    It's not that hard to understand.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wasn't asking for a cracked app,I was asking what the difference was between a cracked app and unsigned code. The reason I was asking is because, according to the forum rules, it is perfectly ok to talk about using "unsigned code" yet it is not allowed to talk about "cracked apps".

It is now perfectly clear to me that 1) no one on this forum seems to be understanding what I am asking for and 2) I am starting to piss off quite a few people here. As a result of this, I respectfully request that my user account on this forum be deleted as I do not intend to revisit this website in the future.

I would like to apologize, once again, for apparently pissing off some of this website's forum users.

Thanks

Cracked apps are apps that have thier anti- piracy protection disabled( which I think is called DRM) unsigned code is code that is not signed by apple that is not approved by apple that is run on an iDevice; correct me if I'm wrong people

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Cracked app is an app that you obtain illegally by downloading from the web or other sources bypassing the AppStore. It is an illegal act since you don't purchase it.

Jailbreaking is simply hacking your iDevice to allow it to run unsigned code, basically allowing you to install apps which are found on Cydia. You can mod and them your device and run jailbreak apps which are not found in Apple's AppStore.

Cracked apps are apps from AppStore that are "cracked" so that people can install them without paying Apple and the devs. That's what makes it illegal. It's totally different.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

jayteez (07-16-2010), MziRintu (06-06-2013)

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    You didn't miss anything worth reading stealth , mainly basura (garbage)
    Blanco Basura?

Ohh my bad, I didn't see how old this thread was ... Sorry

Green Apple
    Thanks

This make no sense to me. Lol crack it's illegal cause it by pass the AppStore right? So then please some on enlighten me as to where does Cydia resides? cause last time I check that it's outside the AppStore. So then u saying that Cydia it's another ********** witch many call it illegal but we all allowed to talk about Cydia

Then let's go to the case of cracked apps and they code. Jb IS illegal by the standar of the rules here. iOS belongs to apple witch they rent to u when u purchase ur iPhone jb then modified the code so u can install the other illegal app Cydia witch allowed u to install stuff the AppStore has or will denie.

So at the end of this rant. Let's we all see an apple for an apple and not choose what we use legal and what some don't illegal. Cause they all illegal if apple dint code and distributednor agree to it

End of case

Btw a cracked app. It's the same code as the original but modified so u don't have to pay for it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    This make no sense to me. Lol crack it's illegal cause it by pass the AppStore right? So then please some on enlighten me as to where does Cydia resides? cause last time I check that it's outside the AppStore. So then u saying that Cydia it's another ********** witch many call it illegal but we all allowed to talk about Cydia

Then let's go to the case of cracked apps and they code. Jb IS illegal by the standar of the rules here. iOS belongs to apple witch they rent to u when u purchase ur iPhone jb then modified the code so u can install the other illegal app Cydia witch allowed u to install stuff the AppStore has or will denie.

So at the end of this rant. Let's we all see an apple for an apple and not choose what we use legal and what some don't illegal. Cause they all illegal if apple dint code and distributednor agree to it

End of case

Btw a cracked app. It's the same code as the original but modified so u don't have to pay for it.
    Wow, lots of retards out there.

Ok...

Cracked = hacked to get out of paying, ie stolen. 100% illegal. Got it?
    Jailbreaking = hacked to allow code not permitted by Apple - paid, free or self-written, but NOT stolen. And NOT ILLEGAL

24. The Following User Says Thank You to robogobo For This Useful Post:

holygamer22 (04-10-2011)