+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please read about cracked apps on ipad!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
so apple has their devices rigged to only install apps through the app store. that doesn't mean its illegal to install apps through other methods, it just means you can't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so apple has their devices rigged to only install apps through the app store. that doesn't mean its illegal to install apps through other methods, it just means you can't unless you modify the software (also legal on your property)

software that requires jailbreaking can be perfectly legal! maybe the dev didnt wanna go thru apple, or required some permissions the stock software would not allow. that doesnt make it illegal.

the problem comes when people take apps that are available thru the appstore for a fee, and modify/install them without paying. jailbreaking =OK, installing apps that you would otherwise have to pay for=not OK
    Last edited by adammsu1983; 03-31-2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: grammar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its better to give an analogy:

Iphone : original OS = Car : manufacturer specified parts only

Iphone : OS Jailbreak w/ unsigned code = Car : parts that are not specified by the manufacturer (which can void your warranty)

Iphone : OS Jailbreak w/ cracked apps = Car : All of the above that are stolen (e.g. you modify your car's stereo, engine, suspension, etc. using parts that are either specified or not by the manufacturer but all are stolen)
    Last edited by butchyboy; 04-10-2011 at 07:32 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Man...I'm really going to miss him! He really "cracks" me up!!
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would like to ask cause its my first time to jailbreak. It work fine in my ipad 2 yesterday by comex, but I accidentally erase cydia. How can I reinstall it again. I try to restore my ipad but it cant. Whats the problem? How can I reinstall cydia again? Please help! You're answer would highly be appreciated. My email add: [email protected]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just go to jailbreakme.com and re-install it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RRoD420 For This Useful Post:

MziRintu (11-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think what he's trying to say is he doesn't understand the difference between the jailbreak apps in Cydia and the cracked apps that are illegally distributed through certain repositories.
    Jail breaking your iPhone is essentially allowing your phone to accept applications that apple has turned down in their app store, and also opens the iPhone to be modified by Cydia applications. This is now a legalized thing to do. Cracked applications are the same applications found in the apple app store, except they are obtained (through jail breaking, however is STRONGLY discouraged by this community) by adding repositories that illegally alter the applications so that you can obtain them for free. Which is a no no. I hope this helps you. I know what it's like to be kind of lost when you aren't really savvy in tech talk. I started jail breaking with my first generation iPhone and have been ever since. I'm very glad it's legal now! Don't be so hard on the guy everyone, not all of us get the techie talk. Be patient and kind.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreaking & cracks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Then your mistaken on your definition of jail breaking.....jail breaking is just allowing you to run unsigned code...that's all...the ability to run an app without apples permission....a cracked app is just what the name said.....nuff said
    I'm new here and already confused but seems to me that there is a fine line between the two concepts - even the name "Jailbreaking" suggests an illegal action. I came unstuck a while back from using cracked software and will never do it again - I spent 2 hours researching jailbreak before using it. I think it's wrong that any manufacturer of product prevents consumers from using their choice of accessory on it. From my perception Jailbreaking is cracking, but their are millions doing it and a certain "fruity" manufacturer should be paying attention to their attempts to monopolize the world with their product
    So......to many this is confusing and I hope I can be a contributor here without being trodden on by people

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Correct it is a fine line. But jailbreaking has been made legal in courts.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12