Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change controls for wiimote for snes for iPhone

Default Change controls for wiimote for snes for iPhone
    Does anyone know how to change the button assignments for the wiimote controls for snes for iPhone?

Basically I'm playing SMW and I want the 1 key on the wiimote to make mario run and 2 to make him jump. Any way I could mod a plist file or something?

Any responses will be appreciated with thanks!

I would very much be interested in this as well. I want my wiimote to have classic controls for Super Mario World.

Oh and I checked to see if snes4iphone supported a classic controller connected to the wiimote..it doesn't.
    Last edited by austinbond; 05-06-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This would definitely be cool...
    Last edited by CStap; 05-07-2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Damn I just ordered the classic controller for 99 cents on eBay to go with it

Is there also a way to get the stuff off the screen?

Thanks

how do i get the SMW ROM on my iPad? Downloaded SNES4iPhone and have the wii controller ready to go. If i need to SSH do I do this the same way for iPad on a Mac like I did for a iPhone on the Mac

The browse section in the snes4iphone app has a Search button in the top right corner that launches a browser within the app. Use that to get it directly on your device. No ssh transfer needed.

LOL. I was just about to ask the same thing in the other snes thread.

I looked at snes4iphone system files but can't seem to find a config file to edit for custom controls.

Quote Originally Posted by braceyoself View Post
    The browse section in the snes4iphone app has a Search button in the top right corner that launches a browser within the app. Use that to get it directly on your device. No ssh transfer needed.
    Tried adding ROMS in this fashion, bit no go..

I SSHd into my machine and added my SNES ROMs to /var/mobile/media/ROMS/SNES...they are recognized in snes4iphone, but when i select one to play it reads ' loading ROM...Failed'

Any ideas on what im doing wrong?

They are supposed to be zip files. You aren't extracting them are you?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matth3w For This Useful Post:

CStap (05-09-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    They are supposed to be zip files. You aren't extracting them are you?
    All of my SNES ROMs are in .smc format

EDIT: compressed them into .zips and they work great! Thanks matt3w
    Last edited by CStap; 05-09-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Pretty sure the thread got a bit off topic... Just wondering if there is a plist or something I can modify so I can change the controls in SNESforiPhone

Unfortunately, I have yet to see any news of button customization. I looked at the developer's site yesterday. I read that he's looking to enable support for the ps3 controller. There was no timeframe posted, though. The wiimote is a great start, but there aren't any L and R buttons.

Yeah I noticed that...