+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spoof Mac Address on Jailbroken iPad?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi- I have a need to spoof the mac address on my iPad in order to bypass some stupid corporate wifi access point restrictions. I have successfully used Spirit jailbreak
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Spoof Mac Address on Jailbroken iPad?
    Hi-

I have a need to spoof the mac address on my iPad in order to bypass some stupid corporate wifi access point restrictions.

I have successfully used Spirit jailbreak and jailbroken my iPad. Everything is running smoothly.

I tried all the commands including "ifconfig en0 ether ...", but after I execute the command as root, it doesn't change the address at all. When i recheck the mac address via ifconfig, it still shows the original address.

I know this works properly on iPod / iPhone 2g/3g. But people are reporting same issues with iPhone 3GS.

Did something change fundamentally to make this no longer work? Anyone have any workarounds to this problem?

Thanks,

Pearl

Green Apple
    Thanks

mac address spoof is something id be interested in aswell but the only think I know of that even REMOTELY comes in mind is the UDIDfaker but that probably wont do what you want it to do..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I don't think UDIDfaker will help.
    It did work for iPod/iPhone 2g, what is different I wonder.