+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help!!! Dead ipad mini

is a discussion within the

iPad Hardware

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi everyone!!! My jailbroken (6.1.2) Ipad mini just died recently and I don't know if the problem is the battery or hardware, it just won't turn on no matter how
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Please help!!! Dead ipad mini
    Hi everyone!!!

My jailbroken (6.1.2) Ipad mini just died recently and I don't know if the problem is the battery or hardware, it just won't turn on no matter how much I charge it....dead as a door nail. I'm well within Apple's warranty but I'm sure they won't honor it due to jailbreak. What do you guys recommend I should do? I just recently bought tools to open it....should I go ahead and replace the battery myself? then again I don't know if the battery is the problem....could be hardware.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I wouldn't open it, that is only something you might consider if Apple say its not covered under the guarantee. Jailbreaking won't damage the hardware as its a software alteration. You need to try another charger and USB lead first. If you can't get the Apple logo to appear after pressing the home and power buttons together or the iTunes logo and USB lead to appear while pressing the home button while you plug in the charger, then next check the dock connector for fluff/dirt/corrosion. Failing that, get Apple to change it. I presume iTunes doesn't see it either.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I can't make the apple logo to appear no matter what and when I plug it to my computer, it gives an usb error recognition. I'm kind of nervous to give it to Apple since jailbreaking ipads is a no..no these days apposed to jailbreaking iphones. I'm not sure what to do. If I only knew for sure the battery was the problem, I could've easily change it myself.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, take it to Apple and just say it doesn't come on. I have taken stuff back and if the home button/power button reboot trick doesn't work, they next try to restore to new. So that will wipe your jailbreak anyway. If they can't get it back on, then they won't be able to tell if its jailbroken and they will replace it. If they do bring it back on, then problem solved.