Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will Apple replace this iPad?

Exclamation Will Apple replace this iPad?
    I recently got an iPad, and to make a long story short, I dropped it. Thankfully the screen didn't shatter, but the screen does have some pretty nasty and deep scratches on it from the sand that was on the floor. If I were to take it to an Apple Store, does anyone think that they will replace it? Or will Apple just say it's my fault (which it is) and tell me that I'll have to either pay to replace the screen, or just to live with it?

I would like to know whether this is a possibility, because these deep scratches do bother me, and are quite visible, especially when something on the screen is white.

I've never had to go to the Apple Store in the past to ask for a replacement device with this iPad, or any of my previous Apple devices. Could this be a contributing factor that could help me out, or is that detail just irrelevant?

Other details: This is the 4th generation iPad (16 GB);It was purchased at a third party retailer (Future Shop) ;I've had a few other issues with this iPad, such as wifi connectivity issues and a few battery issues which seem to come and go, and aren't an issue most of the time.

So, if anyone can give me any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. If you have had to go and replace your iPad, or any other Apple device, please let me know what your experiences were like. Lastly, is this even a possibility, or just a dream?

If anyone can help, thanks. I really appreciate it.

I didn't purchase AppleCare with this device either.

I would complain more on the wifi issues and battery problems. They dont replace devices because they got a scratch
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

^+1
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you tried taking it back to the shop where you bought it from ?
    Got a problem ModMyi can't help with ? ie Hardware trouble then check us out Mobile Phone Repairs UK

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, a relative of mine dropped her iPhone and the screen broke, she booked an appointment on line at her local Apple Genius Bar (here in the UK) and they replaced the iPhone straight away! (it was still under its 1 year guarantee). I myself had intermittent wifi problems, and booked my iPhone into a Geneus bar. They restored it and sent me on my way. It took a further three visits to the Apple shop before they agreed to change it and admit the intermittent fault was not going to be fixed with a restore.

Are you sure the apps are running slower? Or is it just the way you perceive things after the scratches? Even if you can legitimately prove it runs slower now with scratches, I highly doubt Apple would replace it. It was in your possession. But you could try. They could repair it, but you'd probably have to pay. Has anyone else used it? If someone else used it and they caysed the damage, make them pay for the repairs.

Default what about the keyboard
    I also heard that some people complain about the keyboard of ipad, maybe apple can do something for it
    I recently saw the pictures of iwatch, just love it so much

Quote Originally Posted by ck263 View Post
    I recently got an iPad, and to make a long story short, I dropped it. Thankfully the screen didn't shatter, but the screen does have some pretty nasty and deep scratches on it from the sand that was on the floor. If I were to take it to an Apple Store, does anyone think that they will replace it? Or will Apple just say it's my fault (which it is) and tell me that I'll have to either pay to replace the screen, or just to live with it?

I would like to know whether this is a possibility, because these deep scratches do bother me, and are quite visible, especially when something on the screen is white.

I've never had to go to the Apple Store in the past to ask for a replacement device with this iPad, or any of my previous Apple devices. Could this be a contributing factor that could help me out, or is that detail just irrelevant?

Other details: This is the 4th generation iPad (16 GB);It was purchased at a third party retailer (Future Shop) ;I've had a few other issues with this iPad, such as wifi connectivity issues and a few battery issues which seem to come and go, and aren't an issue most of the time.

So, if anyone can give me any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. If you have had to go and replace your iPad, or any other Apple device, please let me know what your experiences were like. Lastly, is this even a possibility, or just a dream?

If anyone can help, thanks. I really appreciate it.

I didn't purchase AppleCare with this device either.
    So you want advice on whether or not you should try to scam apple? You dropped it, you scratched it. Pay for the screen repair....they'll give you a refurbished iPad anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,182 Times in 6,199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
    So you want advice on whether or not you should try to scam apple? You dropped it, you scratched it. Pay for the screen repair....they'll give you a refurbished iPad anyway.
    Although I tend agree with your post, you are responding to a post made over a year and a half ago.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-16-2014)