+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bluetooth issue

is a discussion within the

iPad Hardware

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Bluetooth doesn't seem to be starting. The processing star isn't spinning and the activity icon appears to be dead. I have the iPad 1 with 5.1.1. Anyone have any issues
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Bluetooth issue
    Bluetooth doesn't seem to be starting. The processing star isn't spinning and the activity icon appears to be dead. I have the iPad 1 with 5.1.1. Anyone have any issues with Bluetooth after jailbreaking with Absinthe 2.0?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, the only way to reset the Bluetooth hardware if it crashes is to power off, then back on (not reboot)
    You could also try toggling Bluetooth off and back on in settings or with SBSettings toggles.
    You might even try installing BTStack on the Bigboss repo, this gives you the option to force iOS Bluetooth off and back on if it crashes, usually takes 30 seconds.
    If the Bluetooth settings is greyed out, then you will need to restore. If it is still greyed out after a restore, then you have a hardware fault

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I have tried everything, but the BT still appeared dead and nothing helped. I restored my iPad back to the Unjailbroke state and the BT is working fine, so not a hardware failure. Unfortunately, I did not notice whether BT was working after the initial installation of the Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak. I did install numerous apps that could have written over a memory location used by the 5.1.1 IOS. I am going to try to reload once again and watch the functionality of BT at each step. Thanks for your suggestions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just an update. I reloaded Absinthe 2.0.4 and checked the status of the BT both before and after jailbreaking. BT was functional in both cases. I reinstalled all jailbroke apps and BT was still functional. The only app that I haven't reinstalled was the Media Center. I don't believe I want to chance losing BT since that was the only app that output audio. I won't say that the app caused the BT problem, but I can say it is now working!