Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The new iPad

Default The new iPad
    Anyone if the screen size is the same as the iPad 2 and accessory for the iPad 2 work on the new iPad? Thanks

Screen size is the same as for accessories as long as it does use magnets or are too snug fitting they work.
    But iPad 2 smart covers like i said that have magnets won't work with the new iPad
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Only the early production smart cover 2's have some problems with the magnets. The rest produced lately are fine. Even the ones that were early production, have a 50-50 chance of the magnet polarity being correct and thus will work with the new iPad 3. If you get one that doesn't work Apple gladly take it back.

Many third-party cases have the issue with the magnet and again it's going to be a 50-50 situation with the magnets working or not because they did not install them with regard to proper polarity.

Apple on the iPad 3 made the magnets polarity specific so that the on/off switch would be more reliable and not subject to falsely turning off for turning on.