Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rare iPad Screen Problem

Default Rare iPad Screen Problem

The iPad still works fine but a shade of black is replaced by the green colour. The green colour is not stationary, it moves based on what the display is showing. I did drop my iPad the night before but it was working fine the whole day, then suddenly when i turned it on it became green. Yes i did jailbreak my iPad and no, i assure you that jailbreaking did not cause this problem. I did restore it to factory settings and still same problem. Imma send it back to apple soon, hopefully they give me a new one, or better yet, an ipad 2. Tell me what you guys think about this problem. Cheers!

If it's a 1st gen iPad then they definitely won't send you an iPad 2, I will be surprised if they replace or repair it at all. I'm no expert but I would guess that was caused by the drop, even if it did work fine for a little bit. Either way I hope you get it replaced, just giving my opinion.

Sorry charlie, unless you purchased your iPad from Apple within a year, or have Apple Care and are still within that period don't expect a replacement. Also, if at all possible, take it to an Apple Store. I've noticed that when I had issues with iPhones, even models I bought through Craigslist, if I took it to an Apple Store I could get it replaced usually with no questions asked. There is no doubt that is hardware related, hopefully you can get a replacement, otherwise you would need a new LCD, and possibly more.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

You're internal LED crystal are broken. Sign of either a drop or crushed by a heavy object. Apple will say this is due to neglect. Good luck though

if they dont fix or replace it, get your lcd replaced by a 3rd party company.
    iPod touch 4, 4.3.3 jailbroken with redsn0w
    iPod touch 2, 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit
    hp pavilion dv6500, ubuntu 11.04, 2GHz dual core amd turion 64bit 2gb ram with nvidia graphics
    compaq presario v2000, 512 mb ram 1.8GHz amd mobile sempron, windows 7