Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIM card phone calls and messeges from ipad

What's Jailbreak?
    Kent, England, Untied Kingdom of Great Britain
    Thanks

Default Will this work on iOS7
    Hi I know this thread is a few months old but I am just wondering is the process any different on iOS7 (once it is jailbroken) Do I just need to copy across MobilePhone.app from an iPone from running iOS to my iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneoniPad View Post
    Okay...

1) First, make sure the iFile app is installed, then navigate to System/Library/CoreServices/SoringBoard.app, look for a .plist file that starts with the letter "K", followed by a number(s).
    2) Open the file in Text Viewer, look for a place to add the key "Telephony" and the real, "true". If easier, just copy one of the current keys, and replace the key text with Telephony.
    3) After completed correctly, respring and download this zip file from your iPad (It will once again open iFile). The MobilePhone.app file goes in "Applications" (Replace current file) and the TelephonyUI.framework & TelephonyUtilities.framework goes in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks. Replace the current files of those too! Respring once more and you should see the FaceTime app is now "Phone".

I hope this helps! Remember, this works best on SIM-accessible iPads. Fortunately, this works with all generations of iPads, too!

I tried this on 2 iPad Mini's (Both 64 GB Verizon models). The first crashes just like everyone else is reporting. I got Facetime/Phone app on the second iPad to not crash on me. FaceTime opens up with the keypad icon and voicemail icon added at the bottom right corner of the screen.

-photo.png

But, basically the mod doesn't work (I wish it does). At least for me anyway.

I can only call emergency numbers (112 or 911), regular calls do not work, the voicemail button does not respond or do anything. The numbers are displayed about 2 inches beyond the right edge of the screen.

What I did differently on the second try was to do STEP 3 first, then do STEP 1 and 2 after. The plist file for the iPad Mini starts with a "P" (likeP107AP.plist) by the way.

Some other differences I did between the 2 attempts that may or may not have an affect: I have applied a theme (iOS 7 Theme) and I didn't have a SIM card inserted to the iPad the doesn't crash at the time of modification.
    Last edited by TiOeM; 11-27-2013 at 06:21 AM.

ignore this post.
    Last edited by TiOeM; 11-27-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: double post

I found an old post back in 2011 providing instructions on how to enable the native phone and SMS apps to work like a client/UI for your VOIP and SMS services... The instructions involve HEX editing the binary file "MobilePhone" in order for it to run on an iPod Touch. Maybe that's what's needed to enable regular calls and voicemail functionality to work on an iPad, not just pasting missing image files as iPhoneoniPad indicates.
    [HOW TO] Turn your iPod touch into an iPhone (Phone and Messages app!!!) | iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums | iFans

It would be nice to see the SMS and Phone apps run natively on the iPad or at least run client-side with the Phone GV and SMS GV extensions
    Last edited by TiOeM; 12-01-2013 at 07:00 AM.

According to this page ModMyi.com | Belfry

The Clock, Stocks and Weather apps and widgets are only compatible with iOS 5.0/5.0.1—they won't ever be supported on iOS 5.1 and later unless Apple starts hosting unencrypted 5.1-compatible versions
    Under the circumstances, I'm starting to believe it's currently not possible to place real phone calls natively due to our inability to properly modify or replace encrypted binary files of system apps running iOS 5.1 and above, despite the ability to add a dialer and voicemail category to FaceTime.

Can anyone prove me wrong?
    Last edited by TiOeM; 12-01-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Default How to do this on jailbroken Ios 7 ?
    [QUOTE=iPhoneoniPad;6871364]Okay...

1) First, make sure the iFile app is installed, then navigate to System/Library/CoreServices/SoringBoard.app, look for a .plist file that starts with the letter "K", followed by a number(s).
    2) Open the file in Text Viewer, look for a place to add the key "Telephony" and the real, "true". If easier, just copy one of the current keys, and replace the key text with Telephony.
    3) After completed correctly, respring and download this zip file from your iPad (It will once again open iFile). The MobilePhone.app file goes in "Applications" (Replace current file) and the TelephonyUI.framework & TelephonyUtilities.framework goes in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks. Replace the current files of those too! Respring once more and you should see the FaceTime app is now "Phone".

hii Sir .... i tried to do this on my jailbroken ipad mini ( Ios 7 ) but i didn't find any .plist file started with Any Alphabetic character Followed by Numbers !!!

Pleace. help me

WOW! You people are geniuses. I did not know that you could make a call also from an iPad. Thanks for the thread guys!

Default help !!
    hi guys ... can anyone upload iphone(ios7) springboard folder to us

Question It's cool, but didn't work for me
    Okay...

I hope this helps! Remember, this works best on SIM-accessible iPads. Fortunately, this works with all generations of iPads, too!
    Thank you very much, but I met some problems. The icon is phone now, and I read your instruction as carefully as I could. My screen is like this:
    -img_0084.png
    And I did have half a second full-screen keyboard. Mine is iPad 2 WiFi GSM with SIM card, how to fix this?

Oh, I forgot something that might really help! (All in iFile) When you go to home:/Applications/MobilePhone.app, go to Info.plist and open the file in text editor. You should see something like this:

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
    <array>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <integer>2</integer>
    </array>
    Remove red script and tap "Done". I may renew this tweak in iOS 7 for all of those jailbreakers, but it may take a half-month to accomplish. I haven't even jailbroken the iPad (on iOS 7, that is) yet. When I do, I will let you all know.

Speaking of which, I may give Passbook another go; maybe it will be easier on 7.
    Last edited by iPhoneoniPad; 01-16-2014 at 10:04 AM.
    Got Passbook? On iPad? Didn't think so.

Exclamation iPad 3 problems.
    [QUOTE=abdoo0010;6974932]
    Okay...

hii Sir .... i tried to do this on my jailbroken ipad mini ( Ios 7 ) but i didn't find any .plist file started with Any Alphabetic character Followed by Numbers !!!

Pleace. help me

Same for me on iPad 3 3g. Any help?
    Thanks
    Last edited by lukthejoker; 01-22-2014 at 08:36 AM.

First off, there is no core "Model Definition" file on iOS 7 (K95AP.plist or something in that nature). I found that out when I re-jailbroke two days ago. I hope to know how I can get Passbook on my iPad now!
    Got Passbook? On iPad? Didn't think so.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneoniPad For This Useful Post:

Mohamed_ (01-23-2014)

I just went to System/Library/LaunchDemons/com.apple.Springboard.plist, and i found those lines
    "<key> ProgramArguments </key>
    <array> <string> /System/Library/Coreservices/Springboard.app/Springboard </string> </array> "

The file "Springboard" located inside the Springboard.app folder actually contains references to the Telephony.UI module and the Telephony framework. Is that anything related to the old K7495.plist file?
    Last edited by lukthejoker; 01-26-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Do somebody found how get it on ios 7.0.4 for ipads 16gb GSM

Default iPad Air help needed
    Hey bosses please help me I'm with iPad Air and sidelined by all the forum people.
    Help is much appreciated.

Sorry but Everyone please STOP FOLLOWING iPhoneoniPad's method, otherwise your Facetime on your iPad will be broken and keep crashing. Not only I but many members here face the same problem, and unfortunately I didn't backup my Facetime App, now it changed icon into Mobile App but crashed every moment I attempt to open the app.

If someone cannot upload original Facetime App on this site, I have no choice but must reset and upgrade firmware to iOS 7, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by tony.sn View Post
    Sorry but Everyone please STOP FOLLOWING iPhoneoniPad's method, otherwise your Facetime on your iPad will be broken and keep crashing. Not only I but many members here face the same problem, and unfortunately I didn't backup my Facetime App, now it changed icon into Mobile App but crashed every moment I attempt to open the app.

If someone cannot upload original Facetime App on this site, I have no choice but must reset and upgrade firmware to iOS 7, sadly.
    Thanks man. How can I backup FaceTime? Ifunbox or tongbu won't show FaceTime as use apps to b backed up (it's my assumption. I didn't check yet )

Will it breach my privacy or my ID?

Default Cannot find file start with k
    Dear sir
    As you wrote , I could not find the file start with k .plist on my ipad 3 having latest software and jail broken

Plwase advice
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, tony.sn. What files do you need to recover you FaceTime app? I have iPad 2 with 6.1.2 firmware.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast