Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIM card phone calls and messeges from ipad

can you put your k***.plist files here ?

When I open the phone app it flashes onto the screen for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

When I call in, I get the following:

When I accept the call I get the following banner but I can't accept it or bring up the app:
    Last edited by Crazy links; 06-02-2013 at 11:03 AM.

I found p****.list for my ipad mini is it rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashayrohida View Post
    I found p****.list for my ipad mini is it rite?
    Yes, and make sure that you only replace/add the IMAGES, it will corrupt otherwise if you replace the entire folder. In the downloaded folder, copy the .png files and replace them in the folders of the same name!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy links View Post
    When I open the phone app it flashes onto the screen for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

When I call in, I get the following:

Attachment 640736

When I accept the call I get the following banner but I can't accept it or bring up the app:

Attachment 640737
    Wow, since I don't have a SIM card iPad, I couldn't call my iPad. That's what it looks like? As for bringing up the app, did you try tapping the icon in the multitask bar?
    Last edited by iPhoneoniPad; 05-31-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Got Passbook? On iPad? Didn't think so.

Can you confirm what you have have had working?

If you can't accept incoming calls, can you make outgoing calls?

What about SMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy links View Post
    Can you confirm what you have have had working?

If you can't accept incoming calls, can you make outgoing calls?

What about SMS?
    I believe you're stuck. I would suggest trying again, but the iPad will just go to 6.1.3. Did you save backups!?!?!?

I have found

<key>software-dimming-alpha</key>
    <real>0.41999999999999998</real>
    <key>stand-alone-contacts</key>
    <true/>
    <key>still-camera</key>
    <true/>
    <key>telephony-maximum-generation</key>
    <real>3.5</real>
    <key>tv-out-crossfade</key>
    <true/>
    <key>venice</key>
    <true/>

Is this i have to edit the "telephony-maximum-generation" to "telephony"

......?...????.....

Hi there

Thanks for your instruction. I could follow them easily. But I stuck at the same point unfortunately... the phonepad opens just quickly and then disappears.

I tried your advice which copying only the PNG files (these are only located into the app-folder, arent they?). But this doesn t work. After that I open "facetime with Phone APP logo" and could see the small phonepad on the upper right, but there were also the layers of facetime app.

I guess that we have to add several other files from your ZIP but I cannot say which one.

Additionally I tried to phone my ipad (i have a GSM Sim which allows Calls and SMS) but nothing happened at all.

Do you might have other tipps for a working solution? Thanks in advance for your support

Quote Originally Posted by McFlork2013 View Post
    Hi there

Thanks for your instruction. I could follow them easily. But I stuck at the same point unfortunately... the phonepad opens just quickly and then disappears.

I tried your advice which copying only the PNG files (these are only located into the app-folder, arent they?). But this doesn t work. After that I open "facetime with Phone APP logo" and could see the small phonepad on the upper right, but there were also the layers of facetime app.

I guess that we have to add several other files from your ZIP but I cannot say which one.

Additionally I tried to phone my ipad (i have a GSM Sim which allows Calls and SMS) but nothing happened at all.

Do you might have other tipps for a working solution? Thanks in advance for your support
    Check where I say to put the files. I don't have the phone app anymore. FREE Social Promotion

Please click the link and sign up, it helps me!
    Last edited by iPhoneoniPad; 06-05-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks for your response, i will check this out.

But do I understand you correctly? You quit working on the phone app for ipad?!?

I have checked your instructions concerning the files but a options regarding copying the files did not lead to a working app... I have also tried to copy only the "new-dated" files... It seems so that something else blocks the telephony ability (maybe I have to re-enter the <real> strings like somebody mentioned above but that would be a "lucky punch"...

so i tried this and got the same problem as everyone else - it opens then closes in a split second.

I STUPIDLY did not backup my mobilephoneapp and other two folers which get replaced.
    Anyone have backups I can use for my ipad 2 6.1.2 please?

Many thanks!

I don t have a backup for ipad 2, sorry

But maybe some more hints for telephony:

After the above mentioned instructions I was able to access the telephony preferences. And when I deactivate mobile data the carrier symbol does not disappear (that would be in regulary ipad with Data sim.

But... The ipad did Not catch any Carrier and "no Network" was displayed but i am Using a sim with call and SMS ability.

So There Must be activated something more that The sim Even catches gsm for telephpny.

Otherwise I could be the result for a hardware based issue: That Ipad 2 / ipad mini has no gsm modem which supports telephony but one data.... I don't know if there are such preferences for iPads after the ipad 1....

It would be great to get this working ... Any other ideas around?

I am also in the same boat. the phone app opens and then closes. I have an ipad mini wifi+gsm running ios 6.1.2
    i would be very greatful if someone could get this working.

I did everything but still its not working! Whats the meaning of replace the current files of those too??and i already have facetime!!and after respring no phone logo is there....please reply fast very urgent......need it ready before tuesday!!!! :'(

Hey man cant you make a tweek of it and upload. To modmyi ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashayrohida View Post
    Hey man cant you make a tweek of it and upload. To modmyi ?
    Do not worry, I have downloaded the iOS 7 Beta on my iPhone and iPad, and am trying to find any kind of jailbreak, tethered or untethered, to see if I can unlock the file system in order to add the files to the iPad. Does anyone know of ANY iOS jailbreak?
    Btw, I would wait until any further trouble happens on 6.1.2. When iOS 7 is released, it will be easier to operate the Phone app on the iPad, as the keypad now features circle buttons. Wonder how the emergency keypad looks like on the iPad from a positioning perspective. Be sure that I will either add detailed instructions as a .txt file in the ZIP, or somehow create a tweak package. If you are impatient, then just add the IMAGE FILES from each folder in the current ZIP to the appropriate destination folder on the iPad.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneoniPad For This Useful Post:

Akashayrohida (08-28-2013)

Hey man its taking too long time , can u upload any video to utube and attach?

It will b easy to understand all and also i have to ask, do u really have used such facility to talk via ipad means are u already using it ?

Also can u re send the appropriate link of zip?
    Last edited by Akashayrohida; 06-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Hey can u explain how to replace images of that zip file?

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneoniPad View Post
    Yes, and make sure that you only replace/add the IMAGES, it will corrupt otherwise if you replace the entire folder. In the downloaded folder, copy the .png files and replace them in the folders of the same name!

Wow, since I don't have a SIM card iPad, I couldn't call my iPad. That's what it looks like? As for bringing up the app, did you try tapping the icon in the multitask bar?
    my one is ipad 2 GSM 16G , ios 5.0.1 , my plist is K94AP.plist
    after done all the steps it show 'Phone' app but when open it crash always.
    Any ideas?

Default current files not found
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneoniPad View Post
    Okay...

1) First, make sure the iFile app is installed, then navigate to System/Library/CoreServices/SoringBoard.app, look for a .plist file that starts with the letter "K", followed by a number(s).
    2) Open the file in Text Viewer, look for a place to add the key "Telephony" and the real, "true". If easier, just copy one of the current keys, and replace the key text with Telephony.
    3) After completed correctly, respring and download this zip file from your iPad (It will once again open iFile). The MobilePhone.app file goes in "Applications" (Replace current file) and the TelephonyUI.framework & TelephonyUtilities.framework goes in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks. Replace the current files of those too! Respring once more and you should see the FaceTime app is now "Phone".

I hope this helps! Remember, this works best on SIM-accessible iPads. Fortunately, this works with all generations of iPads, too!
    Hi, I don't find any current file for the MobilePhone.app file in the "Application". as the result, my FaceTime did not turn into "Phone"
    any help pls?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast