Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any software to show iphone directory revealing folder size?

Default Any software to show iphone directory revealing folder size?
    Hello all,

The basic issue I am having is that there is the "other" portion of my ipad file structure that I want to get rid of, and I don't want to backup my entire ipad and restore it in order to clear up the structure, since it will simply take too much space and time.

I remember this program that I used that accessed the file structure of the mobile device, AND also showed the size of the folders, so that I can pinpoint to the directory that contained the big files- I remember specifically using that to free up 4 gbs of other space in my iphone from one of the old batman games for my ipad. I think it was freeware- I don't remember being stuck with a serial number or options to buy..

Problem is- I cannot find this program anywhere. There are ones that either lets me access the ipad file structure but doesn't display the folder size correctly, or it doesn't let me access the ipad file structure but doesn't display the folder size.

any help in locating this program will be greatly appreciated!

bumping thread.. "other" space in the iPad comes up every time I delete a video and restoring every time is a very time wasting method.. Tia!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

Are you referring to iFile?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Are you referring to iFile?
    Actually no.. I want a pc application that can open and browse through the ifile directory, also showing the total size of each folder, so I don't have to. I guess "folder size" application helps with that, so I guess if this application can't be found, I would like to see if there is a decent program that can mount the idevice and show it just like a drive for everything? Phone disk seems to do this, but only for one portion of the drive- I want a program that will do it for all.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Ifunbox?
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard