+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any app to send files via Bluetooth to any device?

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I would like to send from my iPad some files to my mobile but can not find the right app. I have tried Airblue sharing from cydia but it doesn't
    Thanks

Default Any app to send files via Bluetooth to any device?
    I would like to send from my iPad some files to my mobile but can not find the right app.
    I have tried Airblue sharing from cydia but it doesn't work and also after downloading this app I couldn't even use my wi-fi.
    After deleting it and resetting the iPad my wi-fi worked
    I have v5.1.1 jailbroken
    Any suggestion?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, the only other Cydia bluetooth app is Celeste Bluetooth Sharing. V1.1-1 only works on iOS4 however they have a beta version v1.1g-2 for iOS5 on their own beta repo
    The only problem is the beta will not work unless you have already bought the non beta iOS4 version first.
    But you can only buy the iOS4 version, if you are on iOS4!
    To get around this (only tried with an iPhone)
    you will need to manually alter your iOS version to 4.3.1 while you buy it.
    First backup with iTunes and PkgBackup etc.
    Then with iFile locate directory
    /System/Library/CoreServices
    And then edit the plist
    SystemVersion.plist
    Make a note of your ProductBuildVersion and ProductVersion and change them to 8G4 and 4.3.1
    then run Cydia and try to purchase Celeste v1.1-1
    !!!!!DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING!!!!!
    Then put your
    ProductBuildVersion and ProductVersion back to what they were.
    Once purchased, you should have a green purchase tick next to Celeste 1.1-1
    This is the iOS4.x version, to get the iOS5 beta version, you need to add to Cydia the repo source
    http://apt.cocoanuts.co/
    Once added you should be able to see and then install Celeste 1.1g-2
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 10-01-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks

Thanks DC Dave but I think I will pass...I will wait and hope that someone will create an app that will solve this problem.. And I am wondering...so many amazing app and tweeks and for bluetooth only 2 app and these will not work with ios5..
    Thanks anyway....great post

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, Apple don't supply the obex protocols/library for Bluetooth file transfer to other phones. It has taken both Airblue sharing and Celeste two years to reach there current stages. I can't see another iOS Bluetooth tweak coming out unless a new developer has had prior experience with Bluetooth. I have tried both Celeste and Airblue and they both work so long as you have purchased a copy and are still on iOS5. When you first Bluetooth a file, they check their own servers to verify your licence before they will work. I would try Airblue again, maybe there server was down when you first tried it. Make sure you have an Internet connection already connected before your first send so your licence can be checked.

Thanks

Hi,Dave before I even see your last post I went back to cydia because I was sure that Airblue works with ios5 and you are right , it works ,if not the first time the second time yes,I send some pic and songs to my mobile.
    The problem is that each time I send something with Airblue after my wi- fi is not working unless I shut down my iPad and start it again.. Don't know why but if there is no other solution it doesn't matter..
    Thanks again DC-Dave