+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there an app that would play a video from on iPad to another?

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Here is what I'd like to do..... I have two iPads. One is an iPad 2 64GB 3G and the other is an iPad 1 64GB 3G. I can setup
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Is there an app that would play a video from on iPad to another?
    Here is what I'd like to do.....

I have two iPads. One is an iPad 2 64GB 3G and the other is an iPad 1 64GB 3G. I can setup my phone as a wifi hotspot and have both iPads on the same wifi network.

I'd like to be able to mount both iPads on the backs of the seats so that my kids in the back seats can watch the same movie at the same time. I would have their movies loaded on the iPads instead of using DVD players in the car.

I looked at Airplay, but you can only stream video FROM an iPad using Airplay, not TO an iPad. Are there any other apps that would stream video from one iPad to another so that I can use them like a dual screen DVD player in the car?

Right now the only other idea I have is to use one iPad with the VGA out adapter and a cheap VGA monitor for the other screen. The issue with that one would be audio. The VGA cable won't send audio to the VGA monitor. If I plug a cable from the iPad headphone jack to the audio input of the monitor then the monitor would have audio, but the iPad speakers wouldn't play the audio.

In a perfect world there would be an app that would allow me to stream audio and video from one iPad to the other and both iPads would display the video and the audio would come through the speakers.
    Devices: iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 (old boot ROM), iPad 2 64GB/3G/4.10.01 iOS 4.3.3, Android and WM phones as well

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is there a reason you just don't sync the same movie on each iPad? if nothin else you could get a free cloud manager app like Dropbox, and put a movie into the cloud that both devices could access.

Example.

I share a free (5GB) Dropbox account with my brother where I put movie in a "movie folder ", this way either of us can use the Dropbox app to access the movie.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I could do that, but both iPads would not be playing in sync. It would be pretty annoying to have the audio on one be out of sync with the other. Also my kids are differnet ages and I'd prefer to have the older one control the videos.
    Devices: iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 (old boot ROM), iPad 2 64GB/3G/4.10.01 iOS 4.3.3, Android and WM phones as well