+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to enable hidden Facebook for iPad (pc)

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
So it has been found within the Facebook for iPhone update. I found many guides online for how to enable it with macs but none for pc so here's how
    Thanks

Default How to enable hidden Facebook for iPad (pc)
    So it has been found within the Facebook for iPhone update. I found many guides online for how to enable it with macs but none for pc so here's how I did it.

connect your iPad to your computer
    install the iPhone version of the Facebook app on your iPad
    Open or download and open iFunbox ; your connected iPad should be listed there
    inside iFunbox open the Facebook folder under "Apps"
    navigate to the subfolder called "Facebook.app" and open it
    copy the file "info.plist" to your desktop and open it (I simply copied the file to desktop then opened it with notepad)
    Then change the value of "UIDeviceFamily" to "2" (from 1) it's near the bottom .
    copy "info.plist" back to your iPad via iFunbox (replace the old version)
    Exit device safely then respring your iPad and hey presto. Facebook for iPad opens when you click the Facebook app.
    It's a whole new app not the iPhone app stretched and sources confirmed it is the official app due to be released soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

I think FullForce dose the some thing. Only problem is, is that when the Facebook app is running in it's fullscreen mode, logging in doesn't work :-/
    Shut up troll.

Thanks

No it's not just the iPhone app streched to fit the screen. It's a whole new app. The official Facebook app none the less. Facebook have got wind now anyway and won't let u log in from the new app anymore. I had it like 24-36 hours. Great app. Can't wait for the official release.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 884 Posts

Sailor-Girl is right. Facebook released the iPad app with the recent Facebook update. But the problem is they hid the iPad version within.

So basically the iPhone app has an actual iPad version within but closed off. That is where the process she described comes in and fixes that.

Thanks

Facebook quickly blocked the hack that enabled the hidden yet-to-be-launched Facebook for iPad app hidden in the iPhone app.

But chpwn, developer of jailbreak apps such as Infiniboard, Infinidock, Infinifolder, ProSwitcher, VoiceActivator has released a jailbreak tweak called FaceForward to re-enable the iPad app on a jailbroken iPad. Find it in cydia now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor-girl View Post
    No it's not just the iPhone app streched to fit the screen. It's a whole new app. The official Facebook app none the less. Facebook have got wind now anyway and won't let u log in from the new app anymore. I had it like 24-36 hours. Great app. Can't wait for the official release.
    I think you have retinapad and fullforce mixed up. FullForce doesn't stretch the app but forces it to run in an iPad version. As I have found, you can actually change the Uidevicefamily to 2 on any iPhone app and have a similar result. I believe fullforce just changes Uidevicefamily in iPhone apps.
    Shut up troll.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    I think you have retinapad and fullforce mixed up. FullForce doesn't stretch the app but forces it to run in an iPad version. As I have found, you can actually change the Uidevicefamily to 2 on any iPhone app and have a similar result. I believe fullforce just changes Uidevicefamily in iPhone apps.
    So your saying all apps which are iPhone only have a hidden iPad app within and can only found by using fullforce?, yet they choose not to release it and make money from it? Really? I don't think this hidden Facebook app and the way fullforce works are in anyway related.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor-girl View Post
    So your saying all apps which are iPhone only have a hidden iPad app within and can only found by using fullforce?, yet they choose not to release it and make money from it? Really? I don't think this hidden Facebook app and the way fullforce works are in anyway related.
    No. Ok example. iPad doesn't have the clock app from the iPhone. Copy your MobileTimer.app from your phone or iPod and drop it into the /Applications folder in your iPad. It will run as an iPhone app until you go and edit the info.plist changing UIDeviceFamily from 1 to 2. We know there is no iPad version of mobiletimer.app but just see what happens. It's exactly what FullForce does.
    Shut up troll.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    No. Ok example. iPad doesn't have the clock app from the iPhone. Copy your MobileTimer.app from your phone or iPod and drop it into the /Applications folder in your iPad. It will run as an iPhone app until you go and edit the info.plist changing UIDeviceFamily from 1 to 2. We know there is no iPad version of mobiletimer.app but just see what happens. It's exactly what FullForce does.
    Sorry I just think your wrong. If it was that simple to turn an iPhone app into an iPad app then why wouldn't all iOS developers with iPhone apps do this, start selling as an iPad app and double their revenue???

Thanks

You're missing the point. No they don't all have iPad versions but can all be forced to run like one. Try. It.
    Shut up troll.

Banned
    Thanks

There is a HUGE problem with enabling the iPad version this way. I can no longer log in.
    I was using the faceforward cydia app and that did convert it to the ipad version and it worked but if I change the 1 to a 2 it no longer logs in.

For now if you want to use the iPad version then use faceforward from cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This unlocks a totally different iPad Facebook app, this is not just the iPhone app sized up. Can confirm I've got it worked with the FaceForward tweak too. Looks great!

Banned
    Thanks

WARNING! The latest version of Facebook DOES NOT have the iPad version in it so this no longer works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For those who updated by mistake google facebook 3.4.4 ipa and look for m0st_uniQue's ipa for it. Download it and install with one of the illegal crack apps that I shall not name. :P Or PM me and I'll try and walk you through it...