Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best iPad video converter?

Default Best iPad video converter?
    What do you guys reckon is the best iPad video converter for Mac? I can find hundreds on the Internet but another additional requirement Id like to use it to download streaming videos (like from youtube) to my iPad, any experience?

PS: if it is FREE, that would be the best :P thanks

well, actually "best" is an obscure concept, that depends on your own demands and requirements. Handbrake’s a popular choice, combining good looks with DVD extraction tool and video converting tool, it works well as a conversation program, but if u want to download youtube video, you could take a shot for youtube downloader, or macx video converter pro, both them can download videos from YouTube and Google by entering the page URL.

You can do something different that is easier and free.

VLC is an app that used to be in the app store before apple pulled it. It will play pretty much any video format right on your iPad. You can probably download the app somewhere on the Internet, I'm sure google will be easy (search vlc.ipa). Then you just add it to iTunes and then your iPad. If you have a jailbroken iPad 1, then you can easily get vlc in cydia for free too.
    Last edited by thecrunked; 05-30-2011 at 07:34 PM.