+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ripping videos to ipad. NEED AN APP to load

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Im looking for a app that when I rip dvds to my computer to load to my iPad. I had VLC media player on my iPad before I had to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ripping videos to ipad. NEED AN APP to load
    Im looking for a app that when I rip dvds to my computer to load to my iPad. I had VLC media player on my iPad before I had to replace it but When i look in the app store its not there anymore. So is there another good alternative app that I could download? thanks for the help in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

the pulled VLC player from the App Store since it wasn't the actual developer that submitted it.

Don't you have it in your itunes library under Apps? You should just be able to resync it to your new iPad. I don't have an iPad yet but I have used the VLC app on my iPhone 4 and then gave it to my wife to sync to her iPhone 4 as well. as far as I can tell it is the same app, compatible with both iPad and iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No i accidentaly deleted it when i was "spring cleaning" my computer. Any thoughts on an app that could take it's place? and another quick question Scott did your wife's phone get wiped when you gave it to her?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

OPlayer HD is good and plays a lot of videos
    Also has web browser so u can find videos online and play directly through the app.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

You can download the vlc app online, use google. Then load it using iTunes. It is also available on cydia

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afallenhope View Post
    No i accidentaly deleted it when i was "spring cleaning" my computer. Any thoughts on an app that could take it's place? and another quick question Scott did your wife's phone get wiped when you gave it to her?
    Nope, but some of my apps are on her phone and may pop up requesting my username and password when it comes time to update different apps.

Send me your email address and I can try emailing you a copy of the VLC app file. Then save it to your Mobile Applications folder under your iTunes directory and then just go to iTunes and select File>Add file to library and navigate to the app file and select the VLC app.

If it pops up requesting my itunes account then it won't work. If it doesn't you are golden.

Just let me know. Like I said it works between my wife's and mine but not sure about other people.

What's Jailbreak? greasemuntney's Avatar
    Thanks

I use ZumoCast Works very well and was free. It will transfer and save format so if HD it shows in HD. Very nice. Does music and many other files.
    "Don't Buy it or Update it. Till JailBreak out for it!!!!!!!!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Janet55's Avatar
    Thanks

Air video also works great, it can stream the videos into the iPad/iPad 2, either from PC itself or over the Web. read this wiki:
    How to Put Home Videos Onto an iPad - wikiHow
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto