Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ImoVie

Default ImoVie
    So i have imovie up and running on my ipad1 after a struggle converting and relocating video files to import all the videos i want, and now i am trying to figure out how to export the movies i have created from imovies to my cpu. I have tried the export to photo app within imovies but recieve an error message. Exporting the file to itunes works and i am able to retrieve it with itunes on my cpu, but the fike format is .imoviesmobile. So far i am stuck here having tried every video converting trick i can think of. Obviously different video converting software and renaming the fike extension to mp4, m4v, and other common extensions havent worked.
    Any suggestions?

"file" not "fike"

Anyone?
    Last edited by Jivin_hipcat; 03-21-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

As far as I can tell the .imoviesmobile format won't do you any good. So far it is only useful for moving the project to another device, or backing it up to restore it later. I suspect that a future version of iMovie on the Mac will import this, much like the new Garageband can read the iPad files now.

As for getting your movies off... Tap the export button and choose Share Movie To Camera Roll. That will export your movie to the camera roll at the resolution you pick. It will not get the project name you gave it though, it will be IMG_xxx.MOV. From there you can get it off your iPad in a couple of ways..

1. On a Mac, connect the iPad via USB and run Image Capture. You'll find your video in there and drag and drop it off - Might help to sort by date.
    2. Use an transfer app like PhotoSync or Photo Transfer App to take it off over Wifi.
    3. On a PC, plug the iPad into USB and either access the iPad as a camera from a file window or use the Scanner and Camera Wizard or equiv depending on your Windows version.

I tried to export the file every way available, but the export to itunes is the only option that doesnt give me an error message. This would be fine if the file exported were in anything other than the .imoviemobile format.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jivin_hipcat For This Useful Post:

johnmarshall4 (04-10-2011)

If you are getting an error message then there is something about the source video that iMovie doesn't like. I have seen this before. I don't know of a solution for it, might be a bug.

Normally though the export to camera roll is how it is done.