Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will there be an MMi iPad app?

Default Will there be an MMi iPad app?
    I was just wondering if there would be one.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a feeling the current app will be updated to support the iPad as well once 4.2 is released. I have no inside knowledge regarding the app or any future plans for it, but it appears as though the only thing preventing it from supporting the iPad already is that they implemented iAds in the app and it requires iOS 4.0 or higher, inherently making the iPad incompatible. Then again, they could very well argue that browsing MMI through Safari on the iPad is an adequate enough way to access the site.

Native apps which don't provide any different functionality than the website are a bit silly -- I've seen enough of these things out there already. Unless it provides some kind of searchable offline archive, I can't see the benefit.

On the iPad I just use the website. It loads like normal. I love the app on the iphone because it has a smaller screen and is not in mobile version of the site. It also loads pretty quick.

There is an mmi app? Lol, learn something new everyday..
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Top of the forums it says get the official modmyi app.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (09-30-2010)