+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Navigation App

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey Guys, I currently have Navigon installed on my iPhone, but was wondering if the App will work with the iPad, and if it will scale to the iPad's screen
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Navigation App
    Hey Guys,

I currently have Navigon installed on my iPhone, but was wondering if the App will work with the iPad, and if it will scale to the iPad's screen size without a sacrifice in clarity.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I also use Navigon on my iPad, it will not have a high res output for the device unfortunately. I just 2x it (as you can do with all iPhone apps) but it is not as pretty as on the iPhone/Touch itself.

I have since switched to Motion X GPS for $2.99. Find it better.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Navigon works great on the iPad in hi res if you install FullForce from Cydia and activate it.

Sadly, before I discovered this, I bought CoPilot Live HD. That is a TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP! I took a road trip through the western US recently and compared CoPilot, Navigon, and TomTom.

Both Navigon and TomTom fared pretty well. TomTom also works with the FullForce hack, but the alignment with your position is off a bit. Navigon was perfect with a few small exceptions.

CoPilot didn't even know half the roads existed in Eastern California and Southern Oregon. Even when I tried to force it to route correctly, it would send me halfway around the state in the wrong direction instead of routing correctly. These were not dirt roads, just smaller highways! What a waste of money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, FullForce will scale the App without diminishing the clarity?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have navigon installed on iPad. On my original Navigon 8130 is a directory POI. How can I use this on my iPad - Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Fred View Post
    So, FullForce will scale the App without diminishing the clarity?
    Yes, Fullforce works great. It doesn't work on every app, but the apps it does work on look beautiful!