Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: file syncing

Default file syncing
    Hi,

I am trying to integrate an iPad into my document workflow but the file syncing is killing it.

Currently, I save pages files to my dropbox folder and edit them from various locations. But dropbox doesnít save a copy of the file to the iPad and I canít find a way to get pages files from the ipad pages app back into dropbox.

I am prepared to move of office format files if I can get this working, any ideas whether this is possible, and which apps I would need?

I could live with just syncing/merging files between the ipad and my macbook, as long as I can specify the location for the files on the macbook (being the dropbox folder)

Cheers

Today I have used iFile to find the location of Office2 HD documents on the iPad. I have then mounted the iPad as a drive with Tranmit and used ChronoSync to bidirectionally sync files.

It was a small success but, the connection to the iPad (wifi connection) was intermittent and there were, what appeared to be, permission issues.

When I get a bit more time I'll take another look at it. In the meantime, if anybody has any suggestions for alternate apps, let me know.

Cheers
    Last edited by hondac90; 08-03-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost