+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One of my apps dissapears after reboot. I also get the big ipod now and I didnt before.

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I wasent asking about cracked apps? I dont get it. I was asking why one of my apps was disappearing after a reboot. Lets just say its an app from
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default One of my apps dissapears after reboot. I also get the big ipod now and I didnt before.
    I wasent asking about cracked apps? I dont get it. I was asking why one of my apps was disappearing after a reboot. Lets just say its an app from Cydia, is that better?

So I guess Ill post my thread again.

Hey guys,

So I had my iPad JB'd for a month now, but I just recently had to rebuild is cause I messed something up. Well now any time I reboot the device one of my app Icons from cydia is gone. It seems that the app is still on the ipad as when I reinstall it all my seetings and history is still in the app, but the icon disappears.

Anyone know why this is happening? Could it be SBS settings? This is one of the newer apps I am running that I wasent before.

Im also now getting the big ipod after turning it off and then back on. I never got this before this recent rebuild.

Thanks

Buying the app will probably fix your problem.

Probably not the answer you're looking for. You could ask mom for an increase in your allowance
    To live, you have to lie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

ashrafgadudo (07-08-2010)

Thanks
    Wow this forum really sucks. Lol your talking to a 30 year old business man who probably makes double what you do. Amazing how people act behind their computer screens!

This is how forums loose members.

D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by definitive View Post
    Wow this forum really sucks. Lol your talking to a 30 year old business man who probably makes double what you do. Amazing how people act behind their computer screens!

This is how forums loose members.

D
    A 30 year old business man who can't spell 'lose'. What sort of business are you in? Lemonade stands?

How do you know you make double? From that I'm gonna assume you really make about half what I do
    To live, you have to lie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

ashrafgadudo (07-08-2010)

Thanks
    LOL, Please close this thread.

Is that spelled good enough for you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Well, let's see. You come here asking about cracked apps. Thread gets closed. So you make another about it without naming it. There are many known issues with cracked apps, hence why redcard said buying it will help. If you are so "well off" then how bad could it hurt the pocket book. WE are helpful but if you read the rules you will see we do not help or talk about cracked apps. Also we do not insult other members.

Thanks
    Just for reference, I was insulted first.
    Probably not the answer you're looking for. You could ask mom for an increase in your allowance
    I do not use cracked apps because they are free. If I like them I buy them so I can put them on my other 4 non JB devices. I saw my issue as being a JB issue and not having to do with this specific app.

It ended up being an issue with the cydia package install and is now working fine after a proper remove/reinstall.

I just hate how members of forums feel they can say whatever they want cause no one will ever know who they are. I was posting a simple question. If that's not aloud here then fine. But why insult me and make a comment about asking my mom for money... Your protecting redcard who is obviously not a mature individual. Unfortunately I got sucked into acting the way he was.

This is the only good forum for the JB community, and I just hope that the iPad section grows like the iPhone section has. But this kind of thing makes me want to go elsewhere... (behavior, not limitations of what can be talked about)

D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wow, since everyone was so inappropriately rude to the OP (and him in return), I figured I'd actually register just to comment, been a viewer for half a year now and been frustrated by some of the assumptions some of the seniors have here in their back and forth "discussions".

On topic however, I also have run into one of the issues and I have no cracked apps on my JB iPad. The issue can also arise from downloaded Cydia apps. For a disappeared app, simply uninstall via Cydia and reload but make sure it is current and works on iPad. From another forum I found out the way around the iPhone/pod view is by respringing the iPad via SBSettings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same problem - no cracked apps. The one which was causing my problem was Browser Changer. I could respring to break out the big ipod mode, but the process still moved some of my icons onto a new screen. No issues since I removed this app.

ps It's the new version of the app which causes the problem, if you've still got the old v7 version then don't upgrade

Thanks
    Hmm not running browser changer. Im also good now other than the whole big ipod thing and the icons shifting pages after a reboot. Very frustrating.

D

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by definitive View Post
    LOL, Please close this thread.

Is that spelled good enough for you!
    Well, your spelling is better in this post, but your grammar and punctuation is not up to snuff.

First, believe it or not, it's "Is that spelled well enough". Think about it. Do you say "I spell good" or "I spell well".

Second, questions take a question mark not an exclamation point. At the very least, if you must use the exclamation point, include the question mark, too. Do you understand?!

Third, you were talking about cracked apps before. Seriously, this isn't the place for cracked apps. Try other sites (xsellize) to work things like that out.

See you around, definitive.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    And my point made above thanks OneRing2Rule, that was constructive. Actually not really.

In his original post above there is no mention of cracked apps. Instead of being a pain and a grammar nazi why not help out?

Thanks

We like to help, at least, I know that I do. But I have absolutely no tolerance for those who think cracked apps are ok. These forums will likely grow as large as the iPhone forums, but it seems that people are disregarding the rules. Perhaps there were things said here that weren't necessary, but it was out of frustration.

The big iPod touch or iPhone mode has been discussed numerous times, and even disappearing apps. A simple search would show that. I don't mean to sound rude, but the forums just become congested when the same topic is posted 50 times.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix