+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What Apps are native?

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I bought a 16GB non 3G iPad today from Best Buy. I got it home, plugged it in and it immediately stated I needed to run iTunes. After opening iTunes,
    Thanks

Default What Apps are native?
    I bought a 16GB non 3G iPad today from Best Buy. I got it home, plugged it in and it immediately stated I needed to run iTunes. After opening iTunes, it proceeded to update all my apps from my iPhone database. True, I wasn't watching as close as I should, so it erased all existing apps and installed all the apps from my iPhone.

My question is - what where the apps on the iPad as shipped from the factory? Was iWorks there?

Thanks

The iworks suite is not included. An itunes sync cannot get rid of the native apps. Those apps will populate the first page of springboard unless you change around the order.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Thanks. That clarifies everything. I can see the "native" on the Home screen, but didn't see any other apps that Steve was bragging about when the iPad launched.