Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS apps for iPad?

Default GPS apps for iPad?
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend, or has had any experience with, GPS for the iPad?

I've had experience with a number of GPS options out there, including running an old version of DeLorme Street Atlas 4.0 with an old PowerBook, running DeLorme Street Atlas on a Windows laptop, using a DeLorme BlueLogger with the Palm version of DeLorme Street Atlas, and a Garmin Nuvi standalone GPS. And, of course, Google Maps on the iPhone 3GS.

My iPad 3G is arriving next week and I'm thinking that with its oversized screen, it would be a perfect GPS solution.

I would really like the software to show county lines. DeLorme for the Palm does, the Garmin and Google Maps do not.

Suggestions appreciated. Private e-mails to [email protected] are welcome.

If you have jailbroken ipad try xGPS from cydia

3. The Following User Says Thank You to natim For This Useful Post:

hbelkins (05-30-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by natim View Post
    If you have jailbroken ipad try xGPS from cydia
    Haven't gotten my iPad yet, but I downloaded xGPS for my iPhone. It seems a bit quirky but I will try it for the iPhone. There's also a new App Store app available that I may try.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tinaru For This Useful Post:

hbelkins (06-03-2010)

CoPilot Live HD has county lines. I looked at it on the App Store but unfortunately, by the time I downloaded it, the $10 discount I'd seen had vanished. I will look at Motion GPS but I think this one may be what I need. If so I can cast my Palm Tungsten with DeLorme Street Atlas and the BlueLogger GPS to the side.