+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Infinidock problem

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Is it normal for the infinidock to cram all the icons to the far left in landscape? I mainly use the iPad in landscape and if this is the case...I'm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Infinidock problem
    Is it normal for the infinidock to cram all the icons to the far left in landscape? I mainly use the iPad in landscape and if this is the case...I'm going to uninstall it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im having the same problem

Thanks
    Did you set the settings for infinidock to the exact number of apps you are putting there?
    I had the same problem and realized i had it set to 10 and only had 8. It just pushed everything left.
    Give it a try!

Green Apple
    Thanks

infinidock is NOT iPad compatible yet. Developer warns NOT to install. Working on updated version.

Thanks
    Whether you believe it is compatible or not as long as you don't activate Paging,Scrolling Snap,or Start at left it works just fine.
    I have 10 apps in my dock and all works well. Do not turn the previous mentioned options on or you will get stuck in safe mode.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic0ne View Post
    Did you set the settings for infinidock to the exact number of apps you are putting there?
    I had the same problem and realized i had it set to 10 and only had 8. It just pushed everything left.
    Give it a try!
    Yep, set to the exact amount. I would love to see a screen shot of your 8 icons NOT crammed to the left in landscape mode as proof.

Thanks
    Here is your PROOF. Sorry i am now up to 12 icons in the dock. Last time i try to help around here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Infinidock problem-photo.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic0ne View Post
    Here is your PROOF. Sorry i am now up to 12 icons in the dock. Last time i try to help around here.
    you seem to be one of the few that it actually works for then. But again, consider yourself lucky. It not only doesnt work for most, but again according to the DEVELOPER he warns NOT to install it on an iPad.

From iClarified....
    Infinidock, an application by chpwn to enable horizontal scrolling of the iPhone dock, will soon be available for the iPad. Chpwn warns that Infinidock 1.3 (the currently released version) does not support the iPad. Don't use it, it can cause big issues.

Thanks
    Since he already had it installed i thought i would save him from having to get stuck in safe mode by telling him what not to turn on. And since we all like to tinker I dont see this as being any different than the tons of people running 4.0 betas. This is how everyone learns.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Had the same problem when paging was enabled. Prior to doing that it functioned perfectly fine. I was able to uninstall it while in Safe Mode, but unfortunately I'm unable to re-install it without it crashing the ipad into safe mode. SO I'll live without it and now I'm patiently waiting on it to be made compatible with the iPad....thanks Mr. Developer. Chpwn.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

if you use the paging feature it will allow your dock to look like his, it works and does not cause a crash like scrolling.

Thanks

I tried it with or without paging turned on, and everything else turned off, right now I have ten icons crammed all the way to the left in landscape.

How do you even get 12 icons on the dock, I only see an option for 10 and at that point it won't let me add anymore.

Nevermind, if you cram and fill the entire thing it won't be crammed to the left but if you want less than the full amount, it will. I bet your 8 icons would be to the left. But when you fill it up with more, it's not really crammed. Or at least that seems to be the way it works.
    Last edited by Matth3w; 05-28-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Had the same problem when paging was enabled. Prior to doing that it functioned perfectly fine. I was able to uninstall it while in Safe Mode, but unfortunately I'm unable to re-install it without it crashing the ipad into safe mode. SO I'll live without it and now I'm patiently waiting on it to be made compatible with the iPad....thanks Mr. Developer. Chpwn.
    same here
    Last edited by chrisperro; 05-28-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisperro For This Useful Post:

gomer713 (06-04-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

for those of you that can not re-install without going into safe mode that is because infinidock's preferences plist is still on your iPad from when you first installed it.

what you do to fix this is:
    1.install infinidock from Cydia (I know, I know it will cause you to go into safe mode)
    2.using iFile while in safe mode go to 'var/mobile/Library/Preferences' look for plist labeled 'com.chpwn.infinidock.plist' (it will be there trust me)
    3. edit anything and everything that says <true/> to <false/>
    4. close out iFile, respring, and in Settings there will be the 99 cent app you paid for.
    oh and btw Matth3w this is where you can add more then ten icons. simply, edit the number 10 located within this plist to whatever number you'd like.
    Last edited by gomer713; 06-04-2010 at 11:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    gomer713,

I'm trying to align the dock in landscape mode as well and took a look at my plist file but i'm still having the problem.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>IFIconsPerPage</key>
    <integer>11</integer>
    <key>IFPagingEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>IFRestoreEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>IFScrollEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>IFSnapEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Here is what I'm working on at the moment.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gomer713 View Post
    for those of you that can not re-install without going into safe mode that is because infinidock's preferences plist is still on your iPad from when you first installed it.

what you do to fix this is:
    1.install infinidock from Cydia (I know, I know it will cause you to go into safe mode)
    2.using iFile while in safe mode go to 'var/mobile/Library/Preferences' look for plist labeled 'com.chpwn.infinidock.plist' (it will be there trust me)
    3. edit anything and everything that says <true/> to <false/>
    4. close out iFile, respring, and in Settings there will be the 99 cent app you paid for.
    oh and btw Matth3w this is where you can add more then ten icons. simply, edit the number 10 located within this plist to whatever number you'd like.
    You saved me from a restore...I was determined to get infinidock back...thanks.