Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't seems to shut off MyWi

Exclamation Can't seems to shut off MyWi
    I downloaded the trial version of this program to test out. It works as advertised allowing friend's laptop to surf the web on my iPad's connection.

The problem is I can't seem to shut it off. I had to try switch it off, then change settings, then hit apply to make the "off" option stay off. Even then my batter drains noticeably faster than before I had it installed. This is with the option showing "Off".

Does anyone else have this problem? Or know of a Fix?

Will uninstalling the App fix this issue? or is it factory restore time again?

Reboot. That's it. No more problems after that. Mywi requires a reboot after install. I had your exact problem on my iPhone on my first try.

k, thanks for the help Going to give that a try.

Sorry about being a total iPad Newbie, and just to make sure, Reboot is just shutting it off by holding the power button then slide the slide to the right, then turning it back on right?

That will do it. A quicker way would be through Sbs settings but whatever works

Thanks very much for the help

can someone please instruct me on how to share my Ipad's 3G with my Laptop?

MyFi is not in the app store on my Ipad, i assume there is another way to get MyFi and share my 3G connection...

Mywi is on Rock (or cydia)

"Mywi is on Rock (or cydia)"

i have no idea what that means i am new to "i" anything......

Has to do with jail breaking first.

how do i do that? can links be provided? cant find anything on myfi and ipad. everything i find is for iphone

OK i did my homework and my Ipad has had jailbreak applied to it, i installed WinSCP on my desktop and i installed OpenSSH on my Ipad

how do i change my root password on my ipad? Some sources say use mobileTerminal but others say it is not compatible with Ipad and i should just turn off SSH when not required.

below is what i found.
    ============

Note : Mobile terminal isnít compatible at the moment, for the time being you can turn off Turn of SSH when not required. Install SBSettings from Cydia so you can turn it off or on when you really required this. Once Mobile Terminal gets updated with iPad support you can change your password with the following instructions.

Change the Root Password of iPad : itís the most easiest way all you need is to install Mobile Terminal and perform the following commands.

* su root >> login to root with all access <<
    * alpine >> itís your default password <<
    * passwd >> To change your default password <<
    ==============

thank you.
    Last edited by dog6880; 06-01-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dog6880 View Post
    how do i do that? can links be provided? cant find anything on myfi and ipad. everything i find is for iphone

OK i did my homework and my Ipad has had jailbreak applied to it, i installed WinSCP on my desktop and i installed OpenSSH on my Ipad

how do i change my root password on my ipad? Some sources say use mobileTerminal but others say it is not compatible with Ipad and i should just turn off SSH when not required.

below is what i found.
    ============

Note : Mobile terminal isnít compatible at the moment, for the time being you can turn off Turn of SSH when not required. Install SBSettings from Cydia so you can turn it off or on when you really required this. Once Mobile Terminal gets updated with iPad support you can change your password with the following instructions.

Change the Root Password of iPad : itís the most easiest way all you need is to install Mobile Terminal and perform the following commands.

* su root >> login to root with all access <<
    * alpine >> itís your default password <<
    * passwd >> To change your default password <<
    ==============

thank you.
    I could be mistaken but I believe when you install the Rock App from Cydia then go into the Rock for the first time (that is, if you already have OpenSSH installed and I think in order for this to be shown you need to have OpenSSH already installed) there will be a popup that states something along the lines of for security reasons it is suggested to change your default password and it allows you to change it right then and there, no additional connections/apps required. I have JBroken my phone SEVERAL times, my Pad, and several friends iDevices and each time the same prompt opened from Rock.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Solved thanks!

ninthchamber99 is correct.

when you go into the Rock for the first time you are prompted to change your password.

Thanks guys!

damn mywi doesnt work on my ipad :/

always says it cant connect and to reboot to try to fix issue

Did you try the fix button in the MyWi app? Looks like it does a soft reboot. If you're using WiFi then the WiFi should be on. But if you're using USB or Bluetooth then WiFi need not be on.