Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi password hack?

is a discussion within the

iPad Apps

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I'm not sure if this is illegal in any manner or if it's just frowned upon, so moderators, feel free to close this thread but now that there's an iDevice(iPad)
    iPhone? More like MyPhone HungryHungryNico's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Wifi password hack?
    I'm not sure if this is illegal in any manner or if it's just frowned upon, so moderators, feel free to close this thread but now that there's an iDevice(iPad) with a gigahertz processor, do you think someone could create an app that works decently at hacking the passwords for wifi networks?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pay for data plan or use free wifi. You can afford an ipad but not for dataplan? If not, then use the free wifi wherever they are available.
    It's unethical to steal somebody else bandwidth.
    Yes, when you steal something that is not yours, it's illegal. The encryption is there for a reason, meaning it's against unauthorized access.
    Enough said!!! Mod please lock this thread. This had nothing to do with the Ipad!!!

Thanks

You know it's illegal to even use unsecured networks unless they are intended for public use (i.e. at mcdonolds), right? Hacking an intentionally locked network is an even bigger offense.

If I ever live in an apartment, I'm going to make it so that when people try to connect to my network it asks them for a password, yet will accept any combination of letters, numbers ect.... and then it will upload a virus that turns on VNC and send me their IP so that I can start controlling their computer. connect to my network, I dare you.

Twitter: @tshoults

Green Apple
    Thanks

getting back to the original question at hand, regardless if its ethical or not, the answer to his question is the option that styla786 mentioned or another app I've tried called "iWep Pro" that can be found in Cydia. The developers page can be found here.

It has its limitations but its nice to play around with. Hope this helps.

Twitter @SketchStudios

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    You know it's illegal to even use unsecured networks unless they are intended for public use (i.e. at mcdonolds), right? Hacking an intentionally locked network is an even bigger offense.

If I ever live in an apartment, I'm going to make it so that when people try to connect to my network it asks them for a password, yet will accept any combination of letters, numbers ect.... and then it will upload a virus that turns on VNC and send me their IP so that I can start controlling their computer. connect to my network, I dare you.
    Yeah, and how are you going to guarantee that they can even run your virus on thier device? How much effort would you have to go through to always have some exploit that only requires LAN access to their machines? The best you can do is write malicious software for most platforms (iPhone, OS X, Windows, Linux) and then intercept all traffic with a proxy server and have it inject the first attempted executable download with a file containing the payload instead... which wouldn't technically be "catching" a virus (though the payload could be anything; virus included).

An awful lot of effort on your part if all they wanted to do was check their email, like my poor 80 year-old neighbor who is still paying for NetZero and thinks that she is still connecting through dialup.

Thanks

This is completely unethical, how is this being allowed to be discussed? Cracking any type of security to gain access to a network is illegal. Please do not discuss it anymore.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you don't agree with it then don't read the thread. There is a subject line for a reason. No one cares to hear your input. Have a good day.

Thanks

Hack = unauthorised access.

Illegal
    iPad 16GB WiFi - Firmware 3.2 - Jailbroken
    Check me out on Twitter @MBywalec

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yes very illegal.

Closed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (05-16-2010)